Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Was there an official or unofficial reason that anyone knows of?

It seems to me that pretty much every publication was studied at the book study, but we never did that one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Speculation on here in the past has been that a sister wrote it and therefore it should not be studied because in some warped way she could be construed as improperly teaching men in the congregation.

• fokyc
    fokyc

It was a reference book for information,

not for studying and improving your own spirituality.

Wow! Sister fokyc just told me

• St George of England
    St George of England

I hope Sister fokyc was wearing a suitable head covering!

George

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Hang on just a frickin minute! I am reasonably sure (about 95% sure now that I've just trotted off to double check its the right book) that we DID study it. In my tiny brain it was a good few years back probably about 10 years ago.

I'm willing to be told otherwise but if not that one then we studied something very similar going into different types of religions and then how marvelous ours was.

Cheers

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yes it was studied. Well, at least I am almost positive it was studied.

• Titus
    Titus

No. It wasn't.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Because it would be introducing JWs to superior religions?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

i do not recall every studying that book. I don't think it even had questions.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Err yes it has study questions, however it is easy to get the books mixed up.

I've looked for the picture of the aztecs doing the live sacrifice to the sun, as in my brain that was in this book, I didnt find it with a quick flick thru, so it's possible that another book did similar but in shortened form and Im mixing them up.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit