Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Never at a book study. The instuction talk took material from it in the mid 90's

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Wac is 3.4 bricks short of a full load....

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Blondie, thanks for posting that exhaustive list of KMs. I can't fathom why they made us go through that damn revelation book as many times as they did.

I have no emotional investment in this as an argument, I don't need to be right, and I don't care if I'm wrong. I think that in some areas at some times, the study material

for the bookstudy was up to local discretion. In the greater Seattle metro area, there is a very diverse sampling of human beings and cultures. I think that the elders may have felt that the pubs should have at least some exsposure to foreign especially Asian religions, if only to refute them.

This book we're talking about, in the front and back covers, had a color coded world map that showed different areas and the predominant religions in those areas. Which if you think about it is another WTS extreme oversimplification. I remember looking at the maps during the study and getting distracted and having to scramble to find my place because I was the reader that night.

I think its nice after being gone so long from the "Lie", that I've forgotten when and where some of my final book study's were, and what was studied. I still think we studied the Search book.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I don't recall studying it. I remember it was queried why not as it had questions in it.

I do vaguely recall studying a brochure that had bits about various other religions beliefs about what happens after death.

I heard from my parents that in the past the book to be studied was announced by Head Office but no schedule was supplied so every group was at a different chapter etc depending on how fast the conductor was. I think that this stopped some time in the 70s.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I'm from the UK and we did study it - looking at the schdule, I think we studied it in the "Happiness How to find it" slot in the early 90s. I remember sitting in the study & looking at the ying yang symbol, & I also remember the trouble the reader had in saying Taoism.

• Titus
    Titus

OK - let's solve the problem - DID WE OR WE DIDN'T STUDY THAT?

Those who say YES, please show us a schedule from KM.

• Titus
    Titus

WE DID NOT!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Never at a book study. The instuction talk took material from it in the mid 90's

I agree. I think it was early 90s.

• cult classic
    cult classic

We never studied this as part of the bookstudy. I waited and waited to study it because it was one of the more interesting publications at the time

To study it would have been to condone something that WT doesn't approve of.... investigate other religions.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

If I saw we did, then we did ... no one argues with the GREAT WAC-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit