TRINITY Challenge for JW's, Unitarians and Anyone Else

by UnDisfellowshipped 457 Replies latest watchtower bible

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Essan:

The ironic thing is, you have the air of someone who confidently believes they are skillfully getting away unnoticed with being a monumental bloviating blowhard.

If in your view the fact that I feel no obligation whatsoever toward helping @Podobear convince a Pentecostal minister, two of them actually, that Jehovah isn't omnipresent -- when @Podobear tells me these men have family members who, like me, are Jehovah's Witnesses, men who like me were "taught by Jehovah" (Isaiah 54:13; John 6:45) -- is something that makes me a "monumental bloviating blowhard," then in your eyes I'll be a M.B.B.

Now as I understand it, @Podobear has been out of the truth for some 25 years, and although I do study the Bible with inactive Jehovah's Witnesses as well as active one, he's not asked me to study the Bible with him. Unless you consider yourself to be one of my Bible studies, which you aren't, then why would you think I should feel obliged to pursue @Podobear's inquiry into a matter that is of no significance to me?

I have an ex parte motion to prepare for a case that the attorney with whom I work that must be served by fax tomorrow morning, and I also have a motion to set aside the default judgment that was entered in this particular case on which I am working to do.

Maybe because you and I are here exchanging posts with one another on this forum, you wouldn't think it absurd were I to ask you come into the office and transcribe a relatively short, 15 minutes at the most, tape for me on my PC. Now my "dragon," that is, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, doesn't know your voice so it won't transcribe a word you say to it, but you may be able to knock out the tape in half an hour, and while there may be a few names probably unfamiliar to you, like "Kartheiser" and "Melendrez" (these are brief names of cases), and words like "rebuttable" and "presumption," I dictated no words like "bloviating" or "blowhard." It should be a piece of cake for you!

It would save me some time if you could get here in an hour so that you can start transcribing the tape by 8:30 pm, local time here in Los Angeles (which is a little less than an hour from now as I write this) and maybe by 9:30 pm I'll be done and ready for tomorrow. But if you should not feel any obligation whatsoever to come to Los Angeles so that you can transcribe this tape for me, to help me out, even after you and I have exchanged posts and everything, then I need you to tell me this: Would this make you a M.B.B., too? Or, do you now view this idea to be as absurd as yours as to my unwillingness to help @Podobear win some theological debating points with folks that would only use this information in their pulpits to spruce up the Sunday morning sermon?

I've no interest in either pursuing or engaging in a discussion with anyone about the flaws and imperfect reasoning of now-deceased Jehovah's Witnesses, and I mean Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford, and Fred Franz, too. These men are all dead now, all of them imperfect, and their future life prospects are in God's hands now, and yet it is thrilling for so many of the folks that come to this forum, whose posts over the years -- I've read many of them -- are critical of the theological viewpoints that these men held when they were alive. Why not even the Lord Jesus Christ could survive the scrutiny from some of the folks here, like from @elderelite, from @yknot and from you!

The beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses are progressive and not static, even though everyone here knows that the majority of Christendom's beliefs -- such as its beliefs regarding the trinity -- are static and not progressive.

For example, Jehovah's Witnesses used to believe when Jesus used the words "this generation" at Matthew 24:34, that the generation to which he was referring was the 1914 generation consisting of people old enough to comprehend what things were taking place at that time; then over the years it was thought that by "this generation," Jesus was referring to his anointed brothers that were alive in 1914 so that the great tribulation's arrival would be before the last one of these anointed brothers had deceased. Not more than 15 years ago, "this generation" was thought to have been people alienated from God who were contemporaries of Jesus' anointed brothers during the generation beginning in 1914 until the great tribulation, who would ultimately be destroyed at Armageddon.

Well what about today? Since the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses are not static, but are progressive, our understanding of this prophecy at Matthew 24:34 has increased as it becomes clearer to us that what we had discerned in the past to be true had been in error. We are not ashamed and are quite candid in telling folks that we were wrong. Jesus admonished his followers to "keep on the watch," so while Jehovah's Witnesses are as anxious as are our opposers to see all false religion brought to a screeching halt by world leaders, we are confident that such watchfulness on our part will pay off, and so we must be willing to adjust our viewpoint on such vital matters as the foretold end approaches, despite the confidence that the naysayers on this forum lack. (Matthew 24:42; 2 Peter 3:4)

The holy spirit has indicated where mention of a generation that is much longer than just 20 or 23 years that we typically think of as being a generation. Joseph's "generation" turned out to be 110 years! That generation was Joseph's, for at Exodus 1:6, the Bible makes reference not just to Joseph's brothers, but it says to "all his brothers and all that generation." The F&DS as represented by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have pondered the significance of what the holy spirit is saying here at Exodus 1:6, but it is clear that the spirit does refer to Joseph's contemporaries, in that the lives of Joseph's siblings and Joseph's two sons Manasseh and Ephraim, who were both alive when their father died -- overlapped Joseph's life. Just as Joseph's life had both a beginning and an ending, likewise the sign that Jesus provides us in Matthew chapters 24 and 25 has both a beginning and an ending.

Jesus was referring to the generation of the remnant of his anointed brothers that were alive during 1914 that saw the events that portended the beginning of the sign as well as their contemporaries that would also see the events that portended the end of the sign with the coming great tribulation that precedes the end of this system of things. It has been explained that the lives of those that were alive in 1914 would therefore overlap the lives of those that would be alive when the great tribulation begins. Since almost 100 years have passed since 1914, we now know that Jesus couldn't have had in mind a 20- or 23-year generation, so we can now infer that Jesus was referring to a period of time as a "generation."

We can do no more than speculate as to the year when the end will come, for literally adding 110 years to the year 1914, we arrive at the year 2024, but even though we are sure that the year 1914 marked the beginning of "this generation," Jesus stated at Mark 13:22 that no one would know the "day or the hour" when the end of "this generation" would arrive. But the point being made here is that those of Jesus' anointed brothers, whose lives overlap, that were alive during this generation would not all of them will "pass away until all these things occur."

Now that was a rather lengthy example, but this is on everyone's mind, so that I thought I should mention it in the context of folks speaking so slightingly of the dead since Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz had all died before this progressive understanding of Matthew 24:34 became known to the entire association of Jehovah's Witnesses. Discussions about this have been had over the years among the governing body and others, but only when it was discerned what the holy spirit says at Exodus 1:6 did we need to make an adjustment.

There is no "up-side" in speaking slightingly of the dead and my attitude about helping @Podobear with information so that he could just pass it on to these two Pentecostal pastors is that I'm going to let the dead bury the dead, while I continue to "declare ... the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:60) Why? Because, like I said, I hold no theologically partnership with the Pentecostal faith.

One more thing, @Essan: I'm pretty sure that everyone here "notices" me, which is fine, because I want to encourage "fading" Jehovah's Witnesses to stay in the faith, and those that are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses to live up to the vow of dedication that they made to Jehovah. Because I'm "noticed" here, I cannot afford to ever let down my guard here because "you guys" are no joke, and neither is Jehovah (who is always watching and "paying attention" [Malachi 3:16]!), and I don't believe eternal death is any prize to be coveted by the one that wins it either.

P.S.: I'm glad that you rethought your earlier decision, when he told me in a previous post:

I won't be responding to you further.

First, I'm not a bad guy, and second, I believe you're the one that's busted! <g>

@Psacramento:

Angels are created beings and as such, by their nature, are NOT divine.

This sounds like something that @UnDisfellowshipped would say, but I would like you to review Psalm 8:5, which describes the angels as "godlike ones" (hebrew, elohim), and then compare this thought with what the apostle Paul writes when quoting this very psalm at Hebrews 2:7, referring to these "godlike ones as "angels." And like the angels, the 144,000 are destined to become "sharers in divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4), too, but they will have a higher station than the angels, and they will each have an incorruptible body just as Jesus has, as well as that same divine quality bodily that God and Jesus have, namely, immortality. (Colossians 1:19; 2:9)

What is created is, what it is and nothing more, what is begotten is of the same nature that [begot] it.

Amen.

@UnDisfellowshipped:

It wasn't my intention to hurt @Podobear's feelings, but to tell him the truth as to why it was I had no interest in providing the information that you just provided @Podobear from our literature. Perhaps he can use what you provided; perhaps not. But as I stated earlier in this thread to @yknot, you can pray day and night for anyone you wish, @UnDisfellowshipped, and Jehovah is not listening to the prayers of those that are not searching for him or that have dedicated themselves to do His will and are not doing it. (Matthew 7:21-23; Hebrews 3:12; James 1:6-8; Psalm 109:7; Proverbs 15:29)

@djeggnog

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

Some of these past views held and taught by people who claimed this was spiritual food at the proper time affected peoples lives in a very negative way, maybe not your own, but as a christian with compassion i'm sure you can understand that some do not hold these men or ideas with the same high regard you do. Rubbish is rubbish, if you like giving it some evolutionary qualities to make it more palatable it still doesnt change what it was.

The word "zany" I believe you used in some earlier posts gives the impression of being funny, there was nothing funny to the people who didn't have a family or had no pension because they believed these men had insight as some faithfull and discreet slave giveing out the food at the proper time.

With the "godlike", surely there is a difference between "godlike" and "a god."

• yknot
    yknot

DJ Eggnog....

Yes you can let your guard down....... it will make you more approachable.

Approachable equals trustworthy

At worse there is disagreement but at best you have made a somewhat friend who is willing to talk to you again later on about a spiritual subject and may accept truth at a later date....... like informal witnessing!

_____

Why not even the Lord Jesus Christ could survive the scrutiny from some of the folks here, like from @elderelite, from @yknot and from you!

For the record..... I love Jehovah and Jesus.......judging me with such hard-heartedness is inappropriate, unChristian and mean-spirited (consider apologizing like a proper gentlemen because you just went a little too far in your comments)

Try and remember that girls respond more favorably when men act as gentle and kind leaders, not Rutherford-esque 'hank of hair, bag of bones' approach.

Yes you really have hurt my feelings some....... I would like to think you were an Elder who knew how to talk to the women of your congregation when they have sincere issues rather than coldly dismiss them under the guise of headship for not agreeing with you immediately.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

My daughter works with a woman who lost her father because of the view on transplants, the revision came to late. These men who took these positions and cost lives both physically and spiritually it is difficult to view them in a good light.

• yknot
    yknot

DJEggnog!

I've no interest in either pursuing or engaging in a discussion with anyone about the flaws and imperfect reasoning of now-deceased Jehovah's Witnesses, and I mean Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford, and Fred Franz, too

You don't want to know the truth about our development.........why even the WTS thinks you should or they wouldn't have released the new DVD!

Further isn't that like a Catholic saying they didn't want to discuss what past Popes have decreed because it doesn't matter.

Really, if you don't know our past what is going to happen when you are asked at the door about Gal 1:6-9? You are going to just stand there and not have a clue what the householder is discussing and yet what they are referencing has some impact on today's teachings.

Evidently such scriptural admonishments to ' make sure all things' (1Thess 5:21) and not be exicted by inspired expression (2Thess 2:2) mean nothing to you

Which reminds me, you never gave the definition of 'TRUTH'........ please add WT citation to your answer.

• Podobear
    Podobear

@Undisfellowshipped: Thank you for your gracious comments.. that is exactly where I am. I am not a fool in these matters as djeggnog suggests, and I am MORE THAN CLUED up to know that a Bona Fide Elder or JW would not be posting on this forum.

I was set upon on the first posting I made by a certain DAVEBROWN and had hoped to air my views with those who I used to call brother and sister in the hope of claryfing teachings. As you would guess I do not believe that Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same and have followed the discussion on that line alone... without interruption.

It has been interesting and no doubt I will zoom in on other areas of concern as time goes on... my family crest is "Respectez mon droit".. respect my right. As I do that of others. So, thank you.

In the meantime I must address family tensions as I face the blood issue with an ageing and weak parent. It is a little emotionally difficult just now.

Many thanks, Sir.

Podo

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@yknot:

For the record..... I love Jehovah and Jesus.......judging me with such hard-heartedness is inappropriate, unChristian and mean-spirited (consider apologizing like a proper gentlemen because you just went a little too far in your comments)

For what record? Based on your words, you neither love Jehovah or Jesus, for if you did love them, you would not be so disloyal as to murmur against and sit in judgment of the governing body and of Jehovah's Witnesses generally as you have done and will doubtless continue to do. You do not respect the fact that Jesus is the head of the congregation, and there's absolutely nothing that you could possibly say to me now to disabuse me of this opinion of you, for while you are here casting aspersions upon those appointed to take the lead, you attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall and fake it as a member of this "conscious class," as if you accept that these imperfect when given as gifts by the Lord Jesus Christ, which makes you a hypocrite.

I apologize for hurting your feelings, but I do not apologize for telling you the truth. If you think me to be hard-hearted or mean-spirited, I'm fine with that, but what I am is firm and I utterly hate hypocrisy when found in those that profess to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

@djeggnog wrote:

I've no interest in either pursuing or engaging in a discussion with anyone about the flaws and imperfect reasoning of now-deceased Jehovah's Witnesses, and I mean Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford, and Fred Franz, too. These men are all dead now, all of them imperfect, and their future life prospects are in God's hands now ....

@yknot wrote:

You don't want to know the truth about our development.........why even the WTS thinks you should or they wouldn't have released the new DVD!

Excuse me, please, but at the risk of hurting your feelings even more, if you have actually watched the new DVD about which you have been here speaking, and you comprehended from watching it that its purpose was to illuminate Jehovah's Witnesses as to inform them as to "the truth about their development," then (1) the DVD went right over your head and (2) you have totally missed its purpose.

The DVD explores the reason why Jehovah's Witnesses are different: Their faith in God. It also makes the strong point that is hardly made by Jehovah's Witnesses, but hopefully after folks have seen the DVD, they will stop walking about as if only Jehovah's Witnesses have received blessings from Jehovah by means of His spirit. This DVD makes the point how, in the past, Jehovah's spirit has definitely been operative upon His witnesses that have been associated with other Christian faiths. If you watch the DVD and fail to get this point, then you need to watch it again from the beginning and pay attention to what you hear.

Since the first century AD, there have been many professed Christians -- Vaudès (Waldenses), Wycliffe (Lollards), Luther (Lutherans), Anabaptists, Calvin (Huguenots), Socinus (Socinians), and Quartodecimans, Servetus, Zwingli, Hus, Milton, Newton and Priestly, Blaine, Sealy, Brown, Miller (Millerites/Seventh Day Adventists), The Campbells (Campbells), Wesleys (Methodists), Grew, Storrs, Elliot, Barbour -- all of them having God's spirit, all of them bearing witness to Bible truth, and it is these Bible truths that greatly assisted Russell and his associates to dig and dig and uncover truths that had heretofore been hidden, and so build up the faith of Christians. Only when it became clear that these Christians should separate themselves in order to distinguish their living faith from the dead faith held by Christians in Christendom's churches did the modern day association of Jehovah's Witnesses finally emerge.

In front of me I have the text of the DVD you saw as well as the text of what may be included in a subsequent DVD, and for the benefit of those that have not seen the DVD about which you and I are speaking, I will append to this post the text for the first ten minutes of the "Faith in Action" DVD.

Further isn't that like a Catholic saying they didn't want to discuss what past Popes have decreed because it doesn't matter.

Not at all, but, then, your biases against Jehovah and against the WTS caused you to deliberately understand that I was saying that I have no interest in opening up a dialogue with anyone that wanted to pick the bones of dead people who were as imperfect as you and I, but who during their lifetimes were examples of faith in action. How you can conclude that I am reticent about discussing the degrees of past Popes based on my unwillingness to speak approvingly of the backbiting, the bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your heart against the people of God makes he think that you would be numbered among those in Moses' day that balked and murmured against his leadership as well. Because you don't approve 100% of the leadership provided by the WTS, you conclude, and wrongly so, that Jehovah's spirit is not at work among Jehovah's people, which may be true of you, but not of me or of the rest of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Which reminds me, you never gave the definition of 'TRUTH'........ please add WT citation to your answer.

I don't intend to give you such a definition, but I will say this: At John 18:37, Jesus told Pilate that he had come to bear witness to the truth, for Jesus was the very personification of truth. So you have your citation and you have the WT Library 2009, so do whatever research you feel you need to do.

@djeggnog

[APPENDED]

Faith in Action © 2010 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

For more than 1900 years, Jehovah's Witnesses have proclaimed the Bible's message that God's kingdom will rid the world of wickedness, restore the earth to paradise and raise mankind to perfection. Sharing this truth, however, has often resulted in persecution from powerful institutions. But why has such a positive message elicited such a negative reaction, and how have we overcome that opposition to get to where we are today?

This is the story of a people intent on living in the light of Bible truth, no matter what hostility they may face. As you watch, note the determination of Jehovah's modern-day servants to study diligently, preach zealously and keep serving God faithfully. This video is more than just history; this is your story. It's a reminder that Jehovah God is in full control and that this is his organization. It is a story that begins over 6,000 years ago, the story of Jehovah's Witnesses.

In the Bible, light is associated with truth, whereas darkness is association with falsehood.

When God completed his creative works, there was no spiritual darkness, but after Adam and Eve sinned, human society came under the control of Satan. Shunning the light would become the foremost goal of wicked people. Anyone seeking truth in such a world would be opposed.

The light of truth shone brightly when Jesus Christ walked the earth. All who truly followed Jesus reflected the light he radiated. But Jesus foretold that after the death of his apostles, there would be a falling away from pure worship. That apostasy would be so extensive that genuine disciples would practically disappear until the conclusion of the system of things. At the same time, a counterfeit form of Christianity would flourish, and so it happened.

So called Christian churches deviated from Christ's teachings. The result was the abuse of power and untold suffering. This was a period of deep darkness.

In the centuries after the establishment of the Christian congregation, we see how many of those who were taking the lead in the Christian church or the Christian congregation started to likewise love worldly wisdom. These ideas that came from Plato and other of the Greek philosophers started to infiltrate the so-called Christian thinking, and so the apostates wished to blend Christian teaching and Christian tradition with pagan religious ideas, and the idea was to make these things more acceptable to other pagans so that pagans could be drawn into the Christian religion.

As the centuries passed, apostate religious leaders obscured the light even further by keeping the Bible in Latin, a language no longer understood by most people. Yet, at certain points during this darkness, there were still individuals who felt keenly the need to read and understand God's word. For example, in the 1100s, a French merchant known as Vaudès commissioned a translation of Bible books into the language of the common people. Two centuries later, Catholic priest, John Wycliffe wrote powerfully against unbiblical practices of the Church. By 1382, Wycliffe's team released the first translation of the Bible into English. His students, known as Lollards, preached the Bible's message to anyone who would listen.

By 1495, the invention of movable type made it possible to print all or part of the Bible in 12 languages. Soon people were reading it for themselves, and some who did began to discern that the Church had gone off course. In the 1500s, such men as Ulrich Zwingli, Martin Luther and John Calvin preached the need to return to the original principles of Christianity. These men and others tried to expose hypocritical practices and uphold Bible teaches, even though this put them at odds with powerful religious authorities.

You can see ones that were willing to stand out as being different, even though they didn't have a full knowledge of the truth. But standing out led to persecution, and persecution often led to compromise, especially when it came to preaching. Nevertheless, in many lands, the 16- and 1700s were marked by a strong upsurge in Bible study. In England, many learned men refuted the Trinity doctrine as unscriptural. Among them, scientist Sir Isaac Newton, poet John Milton and chemist Joseph Priestly. Besides rejecting the Trinity doctrine, Priestly declared that the teaching of the inherent immortality of the soul was false. He held that the first century Christians had the true faith, and that any change to that pattern of belief was a corruption. His opinions sparked a heated controversy, both in the Church and in the government.

In 1791, a mob destroyed Priestly's house and laboratory. The pressure mounted for three more years until he fled to the United States. He was followed by many others who held his views, among them, Henry Grew. By 1807, at age 25, Grew was invited to serve as pastor of the Baptist Church in Hartford, Connecticut. And he had a very interesting philosophy on the study of the Bible: Let scripture interpret scripture. Grew's point was that the Bible was its own best interpreter. Now as he studied the Bible, he began to realize that the doctrine of the Trinity was false. Well, you couldn't be a Baptist minister and not believe in the Trinity.

After four years, Grew and several others withdrew from the church. In later years, Grew published writings in which he used the Bible to refute the Trinity, hellfire and the inherent immortality of the soul. And Grew argued that immortality, according to the Bible, is a gift that God bestows on the faithful. It is not a gift that he bestows on the wicked, so how could the wicked have an immortal soul?

Grew's pamphlet would have far-reaching effects. His work caught the attention of Methodist minister, George Storrs. Intrigued, Storrs spent the next three years studying the matter. Yet his findings met with little interest by his fellow ministers. Then finally, by 1840, his conscience troubled him so much over the difference between the Bible was teaching and what he was being obliged to teach as Methodist Episcopal minister that he resigned his position.

In 1842, Storrs began publishing a monthly magazine entitled "Bible Examiner." Before long, he met Henry Grew in person. The two became close friends and collaborated in debates the proponents of the immortal soul doctrine. George Storrs believed that in order for everyone living during the time of Christ's return to have an opportunity for salvation a global preaching campaign was needed. He had no idea how such a thing could be accomplished, but in faith he wrote: "Yet, too many, if they cannot see just how a thing is to be done, reject it, as if it were impossible for God!"

Storrs died in 1879 at his home in Brooklyn, New York, in the very neighborhood that would become the focal point of the worldwide preaching work that he had so eagerly anticipated. The stage was now set for light to emerge from darkness.

• Essan
    Essan

Djegnogg said:P.S.: I'm glad that you rethought your earlier decision, when he told me in a previous post: "I won't be responding to you further."

Sigh, no, I said that in a different thread - The "Other Sheep" thread by Titus - indicating that I wouldn't respond to you further in that thread, in the vain hope that you'd stop using my responses there as an excuse to waffle on for pages, yet saying nothing, and so continue to avoid answering the simple questions the OP asked.

In this thread, I've no problem speaking to you. Except that endless empty speeches are clearly your modus operandi no matter what the thread or topic is and I'm not sure I can bare to sit through another of your longwinded and contradictory 'responses'. Seriously, don't you bore even yourself?

Anyway, no, for now I haven't decided to 'disfellowship' you yet for your obvious apostasy from sound Scriptural teaching.

Here, I'm still talking to you.

You lucky thing, you! :)

BTW, I have to congratulate you, as having read a few posts by the likes of yourself, TheMadJW and Debator, I was beginning to think that you all must be satirizing the worst excesses of blind, unreasonable JW's in an attempt to open other JW's eyes to the idiocy and faulty reasoning of such Watchtower Loyalists. What an excellent idea, I thought! If I was still a JW and I came here and read the kind of bizarre and twisted logic that you people employ, the scales would instantly fall from my eyes and I'd

immediately exit the Org. as fast as my legs could carry me! I'm certain that's the effect you lot will be having. It's genius. Of course, if you're serious - as I'm beginning to suspect you must be - then on the one hand that's deeply tragic, for you, yet it is still the most wonderful wake up call, as you hold a 'mirror' up to the lunacy of the WT for all visiting JW's to see, and as they gaze into it they must wonder in amazement and shock 'Did I ever really believe that nonsense? Do I really sound like that too? What was I thinking!?

Y es, it's a powerful ministry you are performing.

And for that I thank and congratulate you.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@yknot:

I wanted to correct a typo in my last post:

@yknot wrote:

@djeggnog wrote:

For what record? Based on your words, you neither love Jehovah or Jesus, for if you did love them, you would not be so disloyal as to murmur against and sit in judgment of the governing body and of Jehovah's Witnesses generally as you have done and will doubtless continue to do. You do not respect the fact that Jesus is the head of the congregation, and there's absolutely nothing that you could possibly say to me now to disabuse me of this opinion of you, for while you are here casting aspersions upon those appointed to take the lead, you attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall and fake it as a member of this "conscious class," as if you accept that these imperfect when given as gifts by the Lord Jesus Christ, which makes you a hypocrite.

The correction I would make (in italics and in bold) is as follows:

For what record? Based on your words, you neither love Jehovah or Jesus, for if you did love them, you would not be so disloyal as to murmur against and sit in judgment of the governing body and of Jehovah's Witnesses generally as you have done and will doubtless continue to do. You do not respect the fact that Jesus is the head of the congregation, and there's absolutely nothing that you could possibly say to me now to disabuse me of this opinion of you, for while you are here casting aspersions upon those appointed to take the lead, you attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall and fake it as a member of this "conscious class," as if you accept that these imperfect men were given as gifts by the Lord Jesus Christ, which makes you a hypocrite.

I also wanted to add an important sentence to my last post:

@djeggnog wrote:

Since the first century AD, there have been many professed Christians -- Vaudès (Waldenses), Wycliffe (Lollards), Luther (Lutherans), Anabaptists, Calvin (Huguenots), Socinus (Socinians), and Quartodecimans, Servetus, Zwingli, Hus, Milton, Newton and Priestly, Blaine, Sealy, Brown, Miller (Millerites/Seventh Day Adventists), The Campbells (Campbells), Wesleys (Methodists), Grew, Storrs, Elliot, Barbour -- all of them having God's spirit, all of them bearing witness to Bible truth, and it is these Bible truths that greatly assisted Russell and his associates to dig and dig and uncover truths that had heretofore been hidden, and so build up the faith of Christians. Only when it became clear that these Christians should separate themselves in order to distinguish their living faith from the dead faith held by Christians in Christendom's churches did the modern day association of Jehovah's Witnesses finally emerge.

The addition I would make (in italics and in bold) is as follows:

Since the first century AD, there have been many professed Christians -- Vaudès (Waldenses), Wycliffe (Lollards), Luther (Lutherans), Anabaptists, Calvin (Huguenots), Socinus (Socinians), and Quartodecimans, Servetus, Zwingli, Hus, Milton, Newton and Priestly, Blaine, Sealy, Brown, Miller (Millerites/Seventh Day Adventists), The Campbells (Campbells), Wesleys (Methodists), Grew, Storrs, Elliot, Barbour -- all of them having God's spirit, all of them bearing witness to Bible truth, and it is these Bible truths that greatly assisted Russell and his associates to dig and dig and uncover truths that had heretofore been hidden, and so build up the faith of Christians. Although none of these men were recognized as such, the DVD makes the point that these professed Christians had all in a sense been Jehovah's Witnesses! Only when it became clear that these Christians should separate themselves in order to distinguish their living faith from the dead faith held by Christians in Christendom's churches did the modern day association of Jehovah's Witnesses finally emerge.

This is why I stated in a previous post the following (with the typo from the original excised from the quote and corrections (in italics and in bold) ):

The context in which I made this statement was with respect to your seeming to me to be an apologist for trinitarians! Anyone that comes into a knowledge of the truth can begin to think of themselves as being superior to others, as sometimes Jehovah's Witnesses have to be very careful that we don't get a little self-righteous and say things like, they're just Baptists, Pentecostals or Lutherans, and feel that they're not worth the trouble to preach to them because they are diehard trinitarians and won't listen to the message we are preaching.

But it's not just Jehovah's Witnesses that God is going to be saving, is it? I've not read that in the Bible ever! Jeremiah's attitude was, "God, forgive us all. We are all sinners," but it's true that some among Jehovah's Witnesses have gotten to be too righteous, even though not one of us -- including me -- are any bargain to Jehovah God when we all need to all of us rely upon His undeserved kindness for mercy, don't we? Our works are just fulfilling a command; they don't save us and some among God's people have become complacent with a feeling of superiority, and so they often need folks like me to remind them of these things. I told you in a previous post that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses that teaches other Jehovah's Witnesses, and let me be clear in saying to you that God doesn't hear the prayers of trinitarian apologists like yourself that ought to know this, and, in context, I was specifically referring to you (and to those who are just like you).

Now does this mean that Jehovah God loves Baptists and Lutherans and Catholics? Define "love." Jehovah would love for them to listen to what the spirit says to all of the congregations, but He knows that of those we call "Jehovah's Witnesses," some have become disgruntled, unsteady in their thinking and unsettled in their hearts, throwers of darts at congregation elders and at those taking the lead at the WTS, but God also knows that it may take a bit of time due to the hold that this Satanic doctrine has had on some people. So does God care about the trinitarians? Of course, He does, for what reason in the world does He have us out there preaching to them? Peter says that Jehovah desires that none be destroyed. (2 Peter 3:9)

@djeggnog wrote:

P.S.: I'm glad that you rethought your earlier decision, when he told me in a previous post: "I won't be responding to you further."

@Essan wrote:

Sigh, no, I said that in a different thread - The "Other Sheep" thread by Titus - indicating that I wouldn't respond to you further in that thread, in the vain hope that you'd stop using my responses there as an excuse to waffle on for pages, yet saying nothing, and so continue to avoid answering the simple questions the OP asked.

What do you mean? I may be mistaken here, but I don't believe I made even a single comment in Titus' thread that was based on anything that you might have posted to it.

In this thread, I've no problem speaking to you. Except that endless empty speeches are clearly your modus operandi no matter what the thread or topic is and I'm not sure I can bare to sit through another of your longwinded and contradictory 'responses'. Seriously, don't you bore even yourself?

Specifically, to what "contradictory 'responses'" do you refer?

Anyway, no, for now I haven't decided to 'disfellowship' you yet for your obvious apostasy from sound Scriptural teaching.

To what "sound Scriptural teaching" are you referring? You certainly cannot be trying to tell me that you believe yourself to be more qualified as one of Jehovah's Witnesses to teach what things the Bible teaches than I am, when I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you are not. Please when you find time to do so, answer this question for me.

@djeggnog

• Essan
    Essan

@djeggnog

You said: What do you mean? I may be mistaken here, but I don't believe I made even a single comment in Titus' thread that was based on anything that you might have posted to it.

Yes, you're mistaken but it's a small matter and not worth much attention. I suggested to others in that thread that a whole host of your distracting counter-questions (you do love your counter questions) should be ignored until the actual purpose of the thread was served and you answered the questions you were originally asked first, as requested. You took exception to this and attempted to engage me in irrelevant debate (you do love irrelevant debate :) after all, we're having one right now.

You said: To what "sound Scriptural teaching" are you referring? You certainly cannot be trying to tell me that you believe yourself to be more qualified as one of Jehovah's Witnesses to teach what things the Bible teaches than I am, when I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you are not. Please when you find time to do so, answer this question for me.

There is no connection between "sound scriptural teaching" and Jehovah's Witnesses. But yes, obviously I feel considerably more qualified to discuss the Bible and JW doctrine thoughout it's history, seeing as you've displayed a pretty poor knowledge of both (Were you the one who had no idea about the JW's former teaching that Jehovah lived on the star Alcyone, in the Pleiades star cluster, where the anointed once expected to drift off to become immortal star dwellers?) I was a JW for a long time, and had a thorough grasp of their teachings, before the 'scales fell from my eyes', so to speak.

In fact, I'd say that for one to be a former JW is proof enough that one has a better grasp of JW doctrine, history and the Bible than a current JW, as no one with a true heart who also had a thorough grasp of all three could possibly remain a JW Loyalist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit