no blood cards this year!

by DIM 83 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"bttt. Wish Lee could give us details but then again, this board is probably being monitored."

probably being monitored? PROBABLY????
    According to the number of views compared to the number of posts I think there are at least 2,000 active JWs logging on.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Alanf said

Now, "allogenic" refers to blood from another person, as opposed to "autologous" blood, which refers to one's own blood.

I'm no expert on blood products, but could blood that is recycled (as in dialysis machines) be considered autologous blood, as this method is considered a "conscience" matter?

Thus the distinction is made between autologous and allogenic blood simply to not cause confusion with these methods?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I bet all those who died without blood like my father are turning in their graves. When they ditch the blood policy alltogether it will be a cause for rejoicing amoung many people but also a cause for much anger amoung those with dead "blood policy victims". I trully will go ballistic.

• ballistic
    ballistic

In fact, you've hit my sensitive nerve and I want to state in no un-certain terms that when blood policy is relaxed, I for one, will be getting on concorde to NY from London, getting a taxi to Brooklyn and posting my fathers picture up on the walls of the Watchtower just as at ground zero. And I encourage everyone else with blood policy victim relatives (dead ones) to do the same.
    hmmm, guess I've just realised what my web site is going to become.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Prisca,

I believe you are right. The cell-saver and blood scavenger techniques where blood is vacummed out of the surgery/wound site, filtered and retranfused is an autologous blood transfusion. This is a conscience matter and making a change to a card would allow the unconscious JW in ER to get this treatment regardless of their belief in this matter of conscience.

I believe that in the TLC progam last year "Life in the ER" a JW woman died after refusing this treatment.

Thirdson

• AlanF
    AlanF

As I understand it, Prisca, the Society allows for JWs to think of blood that has left the body but is still 'connected' by a continuous stream of blood back to the body as still part of the circulatory system. So any procedure where this occurs, like kidney dialysis or "cell saver" technology used during operations, or even a procedure where the blood is run through various filters to remove undesired components, is considered "a conscience matter". The Society considers these procedures, and of course preoperative storage of blood, to be "autologous", but the latter is rejected on the basis that the blood has clearly broken a connection with the circulatory system. These distinctions are pretty stupid, but then, so are the arguments the Society comes up with against using blood at all.

: Thus the distinction is made between autologous and allogenic blood simply to not cause confusion with these methods?

If you're referring to the use of "allogenic" on the now-dumped new blood cards, then I believe that's right. Hospital liaison committees make it clear to doctors that all allogenic blood is verboten, but some autologous procedures are acceptable.

AlanF

• JT
    JT

waiting:

Howdy IS,

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There ARE some there who are working hard!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about the WTBTS lawyers - who would, imho, ultimately decide on the wording protecting/destroying lives of duped people? Working hard? To save their own asses.

Now they could be working hard amongst different departments, such as writing vs lawyers vs whoever......but that's only working hard to get power.

Same ol' same ol.

my thoughts as well- it shows how little folks really understand the inner workings of wt

the only argugment was over HOW MUCH WILL IT COST US IF WE USE THIS WORD AS to that word- smile

no one was working in behalf of correcting thier wacky blood rules

• JT
    JT

Ballistic sauys:

"I trully will go ballistic"
    ))))))))))))))))))))))

and my question is Why????? If you already know that the rule is bogus, does it really matter when they "Officailly say it is bogus?

just tryig to figure out why you would go off only after they are forced to say "Uncle"

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks Thirdson and Alanf for the explanations; that's how I was interpreting it too.

• anewperson
    anewperson

It's Extremist Dreamers versus Extremist Pragmatists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit