no blood cards this year!

by DIM 83 Replies latest jw friends

• sadiejive
    sadiejive
    They also seem to want us to use those DPA forms, which are actually beneficial to anyone (JW or not).

What's a DPA form?

Just think, one article in the WT and suddenly all those JW's consciences will magically transform into 'allowing' themselves to take blood!
    LOL....my thoughts exactly!!

sadie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Or what if (continuing Tweetie Bird's line of questioning)
    the person who was your emergency contact has since been DF'd or,
    as in my case, DA'd? (That's what's facing MY friend.)

or died?

or you never got yours signed at the Book Study group last year and so it isn't properly witnessed?

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• outnfree
    outnfree

Sadiejive,

DPA = Designated Power of Attorney (in this case, medical)

DIM,

This really is ASTOUNDING news!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Does anyone know if this is the case in the UK?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This is a truly remarkable development. It makes me wish I had gone to the meeting.

Every year, it was pounded into us that the validity of any card more than a year old could be questioned.

The absence of the new cards this year is a huge, huge development. It represents the next (and most significant) nail in the blood ban coffin. (which is right where it belongs, next to the tragic victims of the policy).

• Jourles
    Jourles

I was going to post this topic back on Tuesday, but wanted to wait to see if someone else had the same tale to tell.

The PO had everyone take out their blood card(oops, No-Blood Card, as he put it), to check the date on it. If it said 3/99 in the bottom corner, then we were to keep it. I thought it was fairly sneaky of him to ask everyone to take them out. For one, it would show who had one on them and who did not. He mentioned that the newer ones they had, which were "in short supply," were not as "strongly worded" as the 3/99 ones. Does anyone have a new one to compare the wording with?

He went on about the DPA's and such and mentioned that in light of "newer medical techniques," we should review the June and October 2000 WT QFR's. Hmmm, I didn't think that the use of Hemoglobin based treatments were all that new. But what do I know? I am merely a blind sheep following the faithless and indiscreet master.

He also made mention of a particular scripture about not just following what the WT says, but doing our own research on these matters. That threw me for a big loop as he seemed to be following his outline to the letter up until reading that scripture. In the back of my mind, I wondered if he actually knows this policy is screwed up too?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just to inform you that this is a US thing, since there are new cards already issued and given out here in Europe.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Wow Jourles - how exactly did he phrase that re: the thinking for oneself?!? That's dangerous ground to speak from the platform, especially regrading the recent WT study article about not harboring private ideas!!! Any wonder JW's are mentall unbalanced - being pulled in 2 or 10 different directions at all times!

• DIM
    DIM

you've confirmed what i had thought OldHippie....last night they kept going on "within the United States" and "the liason committee within the United States"....doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure why its only within the US though.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

One word, the word that the WTBTS lives and dies by the past few years .... "LAWSUIT". All they do now is governed by what their legal liability might or might not be. Something's afoot in the USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit