no blood cards this year!

by DIM 83 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

It's no surprise that this is for the US only. Take a look at the "donation arangement". It was mostly in the US and was a direct result of the lawsuits and impending Supreme court loss of Jimmy Swaggart concerning the taxability (is that a word?) of religious books.

This is an indication of some changes coming in the legal system here in the US. Mark my words.

TimB

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Jourles,

He also made mention of a particular scripture about not just following what the WT says, but doing our own research on these matters. That threw me for a big loop as he seemed to be following his outline to the letter up until reading that scripture. In the back of my mind, I wondered if he actually knows this policy is screwed up too?

No, this is the "out" for the WTBS to say that each individual made up their own mind and were not forced. After all, the WTBS encouraged all to do their own research and make up their own mind. Of course, we know that when you "make up your own mind", your personal conclusion had better match the WTBS'!

Using last years cards does the same thing. They can claim they no longer force people to sign the cards...and a card you signed last year is still legally binding.

Years ago, when I was leaving the JWs, an elder came to my home. We had missed the meeting where the blood cards were given out. BTW, this is the elder whom I felt did not want me DFed. He gave my wife a blood card, then handed me cards for myself and my sons. He said as the head of the house, I decide the blood issue for the kids.

I thought it was a test. Refuse the cards, and a JC is formed. I took the cards and graciously thanked him. He was happy, so I passed the test. After he left, I tore the cards up, and told my wife that the kids get blood. I told her to sign her card if she wanted but that I do not know if I would respect it in an emergency. I did not want her to die. I told her that I honestly did not know what I would do either way.

Richard

• DIM
    DIM

my wife and I have discussed this issue at length many, many times, and we really haven't reached a firm conclusion yet. One thing we are considering, once we get settled in Seattle next month, is donating our own blood and storing it in case of an emergency or something...but we aren't completely sure yet.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

DIM, that seems to me to the best plan, if you have the time, etc - it avoids the problems of tainted blood. But, to those that proclaim what a wonderful protection the JW no-blood stance is, consider that you can get lot's of contaminated things at a hospital - not just blood - it's part of the risk. So to take that attitude, one would have to avoid all medical treatment. You simply have to consider if the risks outweight the benefits.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

There is more to this story than meets the eye. We'll be publishing something soon. Be sure to go to our website: www.ajwrb.org
    and scroll down to the bottom and subscribe to our newsletter

Lee

• jukief
    jukief

I won't steal your thunder, Lee, but you're right. Alan actually went to the meeting Thursday night to hear how they'd make the announcement. He taped it, too. Poor guy, he had to suffer through a two-hour meeting, but he made it up for it by having fun after the meeting asking lots of questions about the blood doctrine. :-)

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Why is all the 'good stuff' always a secrect?

I wish I could call my parents and tell them 'new light' was about to flash forth

• jukief
    jukief

I don't think it's a secret. I didn't post any details because I wasn't listening too closely when Alan told me about it last night, and I don't want to get anything wrong. I'm sure Lee or Alan or someone else who has the facts straight will post something soon.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

I was speaking about Lee's comment of "There is more to this story than meets the eye." - I'd love a bit of ammo to go to the parents and tell them a certain change is coming. Knowing about it before they do would be an eye-opener for sure. Funny how the apostates know more about the JWs then they do!

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

The UK is also included in this supposed mystery

It was very odd. I was assigned to carry out the item last night.
    I have the outline if anyone is interested

About 3 weeks ago we recieved the new blood cards for our publishers, then about a week ago, all the PO's in Britian recieved a letter marked Urgent from the Society, telling us not to hand the new cards out but to destroy them immediatly.
    No reasons were given.???????

However We were told to still fill in the 3 page document you are supposed to have your doctor put into your medical file, and these were still handed out to each baptised publisher

Jem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit