Your favorite JW'isms...."Brother leave it in Jehovah's hands" Post yours.

by UnConfused 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Bring back the memories

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

"Bad associations spoil useful habits"

YIKES!! I quoted that to a friend a few years ago. His son was talking to a few female witness classmates at a taco joint and some woman from their congregation saw them. The girls made a few comments that they would be in trouble. Friend mentioned it to me and I told him that the girls were going to be counselled on their choice of association.

"Bad associations spoil useful habits", I told him. His response: "What the hell does THAT mean???"

LOL.

It really sounded stupid when I tried to explain it to him.

-Aude.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No matter what problems you have, do more fields service

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

"Stay in the middle of the flock"

Aude - I've actively tried to spoil a few good habits...

• finding my way
    finding my way

"The light gets brighter"

A.K.A. Perfect excuse for everything they've ever done wrong

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"You know it's the truth."

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Don't be stumbled by imperfect men

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

"Wait on Jehovah"

Sometimes I would either ask a question or make a comment that conflicted with the WTS take on something, the response I always got was, "Ooo, be careful, you shouldn't question Jehovah".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"That was the best convention ever!"

No it wasn't. Who are you kidding?

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

two phrases...first "the truth" whoever started that, is genius because when you started calling it that, heard it called that, referred to it as that...it BECAME that. Such a subtle mindfu*k that we all did to ourselves!

second would be "placing a book/magazine/brochure" We sold em, we left em, we donated em, we twisted arms to take em, and we snuck em into people hands. The last thing we did was "place" them. It's a stupid word to make us forget we were selling Paradise, and there was no cashing in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit