Bane admits that Christians are to abstain from "eating blood".

by moshe 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    The WT used to apply this same logic to organ transplants. Receiving an organ transplant=cannibalism.

K-S, I was really upset about that change in 1980- mainly that the WT never admitted they had blood guilt over the change, as they the same as admitted those who died from refusing an organ transplant, did so because they were following the WT rules. I have long suspected, that some close GB relative needed, let's say a kidney transplant, and that is why new light suddenly flashed up to the F&DS, who somehow told the GB to change the rules. I was told by the elders to stop talking about this issue- I should have looked into it deeper and saved myself another 8 years of grief.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I have long suspected, that some close GB relative needed, let's say a kidney transplant, and that is why new light suddenly flashed up to the F&DS, who somehow told the GB to change the rules.

Much like the new light they received on vaccinations when they needed to send missionaries overseas.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Christians are to abstain from "eating blood".

Count me out.

Galatians 3:10 (New International Version)

10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." [a]

Footnotes:
    1. Galatians 3:10 Deut. 27:26

Galatians 3:25 (New International Version)

25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

However, point taken, the directive of the law is to not eat blood :)

Paul's directive to some Christians to abstain from blood can be understood here

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 (New International Version)

20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Blessings,

Stephen

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Since blood transfusions are not mentioned in the Bible, it must not be a God-given requirement that Christians abstain from having one."

Hi Moshe,

The WTS agrees with you 100%, according to their " August 2006, Awake "

on the bottom of page 11, starting at the last sentence and continuing on

to page 12 they say the same thing about fractions as you just mentioned about blood.

so under these terms blood transfusions should not be banned. Bane can look this up

for himself. It's the WTS own words.

• BANE
    BANE

Um...Chalam....The uh Galations scripture 2 verses down says Jesus put an END to the law. So it no longer is a curse. Idiot apostates...

Um yeah Mosche, Um...Yea...Eating blood, taking it in..Putting in your anus if you so decide is the SAME as fornication or idolatry just as that scripture says...So um yeah...that would mean putting it in your veins too....

Come on apostates...At least give me something with teeth for crying out loud....

• wasblind
    wasblind

August 2006 Awake states on pages 11 -12

" As for the various fractions derived from those components- and products that contain such fractions-

the Bible does not comment on these. Therefore, each witness makes his own personal decision on such matters."

These words come straight from the horses ass.

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the Reasoning from the Scriptures book on page 71 it states that the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication.

who's decision was it to say in the August 2006 Awake, that we could do a fraction of idolatry and fornication ?

• TD
    TD
    .Eating blood, taking it in..Putting in your anus if you so decide is the SAME as fornication or idolatry just as that scripture says...So um yeah...that would mean putting it in your veins too....

By that logic, taking water into your lungs (Your respiratory system) is not physically or morally different than taking water into your stomach (Your digestive system) because they both constitute "taking in" water.

Do you like to go fishing Bane? ---Out on a big open lake with lots of water? I'll supply the boat

• BANE
    BANE

Um Yeah wasblind.....Water is a fraction of blood. Um yeah are you saying people shouldn´t drink water? So um yeah.....Your complaining is getting your horse´s arse handed to you. Quite easily I might add.

So um yeah CERTAIN fractions are ok...Others that constitute blood are not. Um yeah isn´t salt a fraction of blood....So um yeah...why don´t you guys just quiet up so you won´t be beat up my me anymore.

Man, I got biblical smackdown´s tromping you guys all over the place today!

I be doing some SCRIPTURIZING....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/soundboards/play/1841/

Guys just hit the YEAH button alot and you see where I am at by pointing out OBVIOUS things all the time around here.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bane , what's wrong with me showing what i read from the WTS literature?

are you saying I'm lying, and that I made this up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit