For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD- are you adding grease to the road leading the the place worse than Hell

The only thing that keeps you from falling is God's pleasure.

• streets76
    streets76

It seems to me, when you make a sacrifice, you are actually giving up something that you really want or value. For instance, I might want to go to a much anticipated one-time-only event tonight, but my wife wants to go to a movie. In the interest of marital harmony and my wife’s happiness, I decide to sacrifice my event in favor of her movie. I can never go to that particular event again.

Now Jesus, we are told, gave up (sacrificed) his life as a ransom for our sins. But what did he really give up? He knew he would be raised on the third day, and to an even more exalted position.

Wouldn’t you or I do the same thing? But would you or I (or Jesus) agree to make that sacrifice if we knew we wouldn’t be resurrected, that in fact we’d be dead eternally?

Here's a good line from an old post: "...Jesus didn't sacrifice his life for mankind, as the thing that makes death so bad is it's permanence. Jesus just had a bad weekend for man."

• designs
    designs

Nice guy, I'll be sure to walk wide around holes in the earth............

Wasn't it Stephen who reported hearing screams coming from some hole in the earth (on one of his videos, which are all true)

• The Finger
    The Finger

Streets76,

I don't think, as bad as some weekends maybe, that they would compare with the crucifixion and the beatings that Christ suffered. I personally would pass it up.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

What a colossal waste of time.

• sir82
    sir82
    I don't think, as bad as some weekends maybe, that they would compare with the crucifixion and the beatings that Christ suffered. I personally would pass it up.

That's not the point.

What exactly did Jesus permanently and irrevocably give up in his act of "sacrifice"?

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think "bad weekend" is a bad choice of words. Who wants to be beaten to a bloody pulp and nailed up, the Romans were good at making it painful. When you could be enjoying yourself instead of suffering for some ungratefuls

• Terry
    Terry

Awwww Terry you are sooo cute when you ignore my ONLY question to you:

"Would you give up your life to save your daughter"

This just illustrates that Perry doesn't put in a second's attention to actually READING A REPLY!

I've caught him ignoring answers before.

A "discussion" board has to have back and forth, question/response, give and take to actually be a discusssion.

Perry, while a very nice person and wholly convicted of his beliefs cannot bring himself to consider for a fleeting moment that anybody who disagrees with him can offer something worth reading and considering.

He is under no compusion to think.

But--why are we pretending Perry listens or thinks about the "other" side's offering EXCEPT IN REFUTATION MODE?

Just to keep the record straight, I gave Perry 3 answers to the one question.

Perry is hung up on the "sacrifice" without being willing to consider how NON-sacrificial it really is---not to mention how UNnecessary.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Some ppl leave the JWs and throw themselves into a whole patchwork of another version of Jesus. They think its the "real Jesus" and this jesus comes with the "correct" mixture of bible verses. Its not possilbe to entertain the idea of NO jesus since that would make them come to terms with Life as we know it.

• startingover
    startingover

If only I knew where hell is. Why can't you tell me, Perry, where it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit