For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Bethel,

You can highlight a word then click the chain link icon. Then copy and past the url in the subject line.

• startingover
    startingover

Perry,

Can you appreciate that to some of us what you say simply does not make sense? I can speak for myself only, but I have tried and I cannot wrap myself around what you expound. Could it just be a mental quirk that either you or I have? Maybe it's for the same reason that some people are good at math and some aren't?

• Perry
    Perry

What part can't you get your mind around specifically? Did you see the movie clip?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

does this work

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

guess not

• startingover
    startingover

It's all very simple. If the person being sacrificed does not stay dead the sacrifice has no value. The resurrection rendered it null and void.

• Perry
    Perry
    If the person being sacrificed does not stay dead the sacrifice has no value.

Says who? Staying dead is not a consequence of sin for the righteous or the unrighteous. Why should it be for Jesus?

• startingover
    startingover

That's what I'm talking about Perry. What you just said makes absolutely no sense to me. So is it a quirk in the mind or what?

• Perry
    Perry

See if you can follow this:

You get caught sneaking into a Lynard Skynard concert with a bunch of geriatric burnouts. You get snagged and taken to the police guard by two big guys wearing STAFF shirts.

Then some kid you were a jerk to in Junion High is all grown up now, and he pays the $50.00 for your ticket for no apparant reason. All you can do is stare at him as you remember thumping him on the ear walking down the hall. The cop says you're free to go and tells you to have a good time.

• startingover
    startingover

Not a good comparison. Try this: A promoter decides that the penalty for sneaking into his concerts is death. And the promoter decides that, after years of having this penalty in place and having many continue to sneak into his concerts, that he actually loves all these people who snuck into his concerts without paying so much that the only way the debt can be paid is not by him saying that it was a ridiculous penalty to begin with, but by saying that the debt will be forgiven if his own son gives up his life. So he goes through with this whole scenario, the son dies, but then his son miraculously comes back to life after being dead. So the promoter says the debt is now paid, you are all forgiven for sneaking into the concerts. Perry, does that really make sense to you? If that makes sense to you, how about this:

A plan for economic recovery

International economics is a mystery to me, but the following approach to resolving the global economic slump strikes me as very promising:

It is August. In a small town on the South Coast of France, holiday season is in full swing, but it is the rainy season not much business is taking place. Everyone is heavily in debt. Luckily, a rich Russian tourist arrives in the foyer of the small local hotel. He asks for a room, puts a 100 Euro note on the reception counter, takes a key, and goes upstairs to inspect the room.

The hotel owner takes the banknote and rushes to his meat supplier, to whom he owes E100.

The butcher takes the money and races to his wholesale supplier to pay his debt.

The wholesaler rushes to the farmer to pay E100 for pigs he purchased some time ago.

The farmer triumphantly gives the E100 note to a local prostitute who gave him her services on credit.

The prostitute goes quickly to the hotel, as she owed the hotel for her hourly room use to entertain clients.

At that moment, the rich Russian comes back down to reception, informs the hotel owner that the proposed room is unsatisfactory, takes his E100 back, and departs.

There was no profit or income. But now no one has any debt and the residents of the small town look optimistically towards their future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit