For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry
    I would not give up my life for my daughter IF THERE WERE ANY OTHER WAY to save her.

Is that yes or a no? Looks like a yes, no?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another pointless unmeaning thread by Perry that leads to a empty dark hole of disparity .

Why don't you spend your time on those bible thumper's web sites and forums out on the Net.,

you would have a closer idealogical association with those folks I'm sure ?

• Perry
    Perry

Well Terry, the wages of sin is death. God died vicariously for ALL, circumventing the death penalty for those who accept the plea bargain.

Remember the movie clip at the beginning of this thread. The chief ordered the death of the brunette, the officer offered to take her place and it was accepted. Not a big deal in the movies, it's an act of heroism. But, in real life this is a problem for you?

You say God coulda done this or coulda done that, but the reality is that as God's enemies, all deserved to die. God loved his enemies.

A lot of your reasoning makes perfect sense if you were arguing with a herectical JW. But no one believes that stuff except JWs. The fact is that Jehovah is God. "The Son" is a title for God as well; so is the Holy Spirit. They are all the same substance.

As I already pointed out .....The Son was incarnated into the body of Jesus, this action gave him the prospect of potentially dying, separating from the body... which is what death is. And this he did.

Without being God yourself, how can you judge the rightness or love of God and the action he took without being infinite yourself? He is unique. Yet, the parts that are known to us make a certain amount of sense, even in our own movies.

When you went to prison for not accepting alternative service, your mother asked the FBI if she could go to prison for you, did she not? When she found out that there was no way around this, that is what she so unselfishly desired.

God, for reasons known in totality only in his own infinite counsel, must have felt similarly; with the necessitation of justice creating a hurdle for his Love to jump over; thus proving that even his justice cannot totally bar his Love. God is a King. His action seems to balance justice and love with the expression of one not negating the utility of the other .... "but the greatest of these is love".

So, if there was no other way..... how can you be mad at God if you yourself are willing to do the same thing?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If someone asks me why I don't reconsider the merits of Christianity, I answer with one word.

Perry!

• bohm
    bohm

"Without being God yourself, how can you judge the rightness or love of God and the action he took without being infinite yourself? He is unique. Yet, the parts that are known to us make a certain amount of sense, even in our own movies."

yet you somehow judge God and find him to be loving, caring and honest with you. YOU apparently believe you are qualified to judge God, but the rest of us are not, unless we arrive at the same conclusion as yourself.

You are not impressing anyone save yourself.

• Perry
    Perry

YOU apparently believe you are qualified to judge God, but the rest of us are not,

Where did I judge God? It is common knowledge that dying in place of someone else is the supreme act of love. You don't like Hollywood movies?

• bohm
    bohm

Perry: You judge God to be rightous. And honest. and loving.

You basically believe God is good, never fuck up, and more importantly, never fuck up and tell you its all good and you should just trust him because he knows best.

In other words, when i say: "i think God is loving for letting the romans impale jesus so we could be forgiven", you will say i am making a fine judgement.

But if i say i think God is a real ass for drowning all the people back in noahs days just because the angels knocked up some women and stuff, I bet you think i shouldnt judge God since im only a human and not infinite like God.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

"God died vicariously for ALL"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ym0_irSi6YI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ym0_irSi6YI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

sorry - couldn't figure out how to embed - link is still clickable though.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

just n from bethel

Not your fault.

This damned demon interference is getting to be a real drag!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit