For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

bohm

Isn't that the same test the scribes try on Jesus in Mark 13 and Luke 11?

Why would god2(satan) cast out god2?

• bohm
    bohm

DD, no, i dont see that..

still waiting for Perrys answer.

JUHUUUU PERRY! is it not so fun when your not the only guy in the "make up stuff"-department?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

bohm

You can wait for Perry if you want, but I think you're really asking the very same question.

• bohm
    bohm

DD, read the chapter, didnt see an answer. Besides, im debating Perry not Jesus! PERRY! JUHUUUU!!! im right here!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Perry...

"Then they need to get a KJB"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEnRAeHtogk

*sigh*

love michelle

• bohm
    bohm

"Perry, Perry, why has you forsaken me?"

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

bolm

DD, read the chapter, didnt see an answer.

You mean you didn't see an answer you liked.

Luke 11:15

But some of them said, "He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the prince of demons," 16while others, to test him, kept seeking from him a sign from heaven. 17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls. 18And if Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul.

• bohm
    bohm

DD: its Bohm.

Okay so let me get is traight. Some people ask jesus for a sign from heaven. Jesus dont do that, ofcourse, but notice that a divided kingdom cannot stand (whatever that mean). Then he seem to imply that if satan is divided against himself, he to will fail. That seem to follow logically from the first, but i dont really have a clue what this means.

The challenge is this: Give a practical way of telling the difference between a God1 and a God2. I state there is none, and now Perry wont say if he agree or he does not.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

My question: Why would God want or need to lie about himself?

• bohm
    bohm

DD: (Whenever i use the word God, i use it in the sence "The character Yahweh in the Bible who can be a God1, God2 or something else. I do that to avoid the confusion i had with perry earlier).

Why would God want or need to be worshipped? Why would God want or need to define good or bad catagorically? Why would he want to create an angel? Why would he want to create an universe? I dont claim to know Gods nature, infact my whole point is that Perry seem to exclude the God2 option, and i wonder how he can know God so well he can do that.

Its an observation that all intelligent creatures we know lie (this include eg. chimpanzee who will effectively lie in the sence of hiding things from each other so they can have it from themselves). It seem most reasonable to conclude that God to lie, but i agree its not given. But thats my point: Its not given.

At the end of the day God is an abstract construction. You want to say God does not lie, you must provide an argument that somehow support that and which is not circular. Good luck with that.

UPDATE: I notice you have not yet taken the God1 vs. God2 challenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit