For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

But nobody avoids disease and eventual death

Yes, the WT makes this out to be a big deal and plays on peoples' fear of death. However Jesus corrects this view:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - Jesus

JW's ignore this warning to their own destruction.

You left out the other destiny:

"it is appointed unto man once to die, then judgment" - Heb 9:27 Both death and judgment is unavoidable according to scripture.

Death is simply the separation of the soul and body. "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" Even in death, the believer has incalculable advantages. In Rev.6: 9-11 dead souls of believers are talking to God and are "comforted". When the believers' body and soul are reunited in the resurrection he will then be characterized as"alive".

Dead souls in hell are not talking to God other than no doubt screaming their curses. There is no comfort in that place, only misery. They are outside of God's family for eternity.

• Perry
    Perry

Gladiator,

Perry refers to, 'the greatest expression of love in the universe, substitutionary atonement.' But God did not step in and provide a substitute for Adam & Eve. He let them die! Adam & Eve paid the price for their mistake with their own perfect lives.

First off, before passing sentence God uttered the first prophecy in Gen. 3:15. True, they had to die because that was the Law. But, I see no reason why A & E couldn't have put faith in that promise and then based on that faith, God later apply the legal benefits of the vicarious punishmnet of the cross; if he wants to. Faith justified Abraham did it not? We are justified by faith too, as long as the object of that faith is Christ ALONE.

If God had provided a substitutionary atonement when it was needed, Adam & Eve could have continued living and produced a perfect human race.

Why are people always suggesting different ways that God could do things? He is all-knowing not us. A perfect human race is being forged. He just isn't doing it the way you see it. It will be a race with faith in God as the cornerstone; unlike the one we have now based on Eve's disbelief.

Belief and faith is the ONLY way we can properly relate to the largess of GOD, in all his power and ENORMITY.

• Perry
    Perry

Terrrrrrrry ! Where are you? It's getting to the breezy part of the day again.

Here's the question I posed to you: Would you give up your life for your daughter so that she could live?

• JWoods
    JWoods

While we are waiting, I will answer for myself: If it would really save her, and there were no other way, then yes - of course.

However, if I were GOD - then I would not have to.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Perry

What could be worse than literal hell DD?

Short answer, The Wrath of God.

I believe just as heaven is beyond human description, I believe hell is much the same.

Heaven being the reward for the works of Christ, God's grace, hell is a discription of the literal the wrath of God. Words are not enough to "literaly" discribe them.

• Perry
    Perry

Jwoods - Better to just wait for Terry me thinks. He's probably just getting rid of some firmament.

DD,

Well, I believe hell is for sure literal. Not quite as sure about the Lake of Fire. If it is, it will be worse than hell.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Perry

DD,

Well, I believe hell is for sure literal.

I think we are talking past each other.

Which word and/or disription from the bible? I believe it's real. I believe it's eternal.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Deputy Dog:

I don't believe in a literal hell. I believe the place you're headed to, is far worse than "literal Hell".
    hell is a discription of the literal the wrath of God. Words are not enough to "literaly" discribe them.

This belief, coupled with Calvinism, means that billions of humans were Predestined to be born into this world and then spend all eternity suffering imaginable horrors. Moreover, during their short time on Earth, nothing they could have done could have prevented this outcome.

It's so refreshing. It's like the jumbo box of Junior Mints.

• Perry
    Perry
    I think we are talking past each other.
    I believe it's real. I believe it's eternal.

DD,

Don't you mean to say that Hell is real and the Lake of Fire is eternal?

• Perry
    Perry
    billions of humans were Predestined to be born into this world and then spend all eternity suffering imaginable horrors.

Lwt,

I can't speak for DD but, yes I believe the reprobate are known who they are in advance just as the elect are. This does not mean that we don't have freedom of choice though. It just means that God is the "King of Eternity", since he can see at any point on the spectrum of time.

The cost of "knowing good and evil" is very high. It is possible that the Lake of Fire means annilation, although I doubt it.

The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright - Pr. 21:18

The existence of the wicked is necessary for the molding of the righteous. How could I possibly have chosen to accept Jesus without experiencing first hand the deception of the Watchtower and the wickedness of the world? Answer: I couldn't have.

I don't take my knowledge of good and evil lightly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit