For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whereami
    whereami

Startingover, please step away from the common sense!!!

Here I was thinking I was the only one not understanding all of Perry's gobbledygook.

Perry every time you start speaking fundie talk all I hear is blah blah blah.

• new light
    new light

This thread is pointless and I hate that I waste my life reading this stuff. Perry has a serious case of mental vapor lock that prevents any truely logical thoughts from happening.

He is convinced that everything his Sky Pimp does is perfect, no matter how illogical or immoral, and that we as humans have no right to judge any of it. Even though his life manual claims we are "made in God's image", our sense of justice is completely invalid if it challenges the authority of his ancient book of magical Jewish fables.

There is no getting through to someone for whom logic is a sin. It is sad to see an otherwise bright person so crippled by an addiction to a set of superstitious ideas. Perhaps his brain is short on oxygen from constantly peforming fellatio on his big man in the sky, which he is as helpless to resist as a baby is it's bottle. Pull away and get some air, dude!

• designs
    designs

Philosophy based on theology isn't difficult it just breaks down under scrutiny.

Eventually religious groups have to come to grips with the notion of self loathing and proclaiming their unworthiness, then the healing begins.

• Perry
    Perry

He is convinced that everything his Sky Pimp does is perfect, no matter how illogical or immoral,

new light,

Awww new light, you're sooooo cute tooo when you get all red in the face like that.

And it is the height of all possible blindness and hypocrisy to watch the same story played out hundreds of times in hollyllwood and then turn around and find some different nuance in the biblical story and howl obsenities for essentially the exact same story.

Just my opinion.

• bohm
    bohm

Perry, the problem here is you want to pick and choose the actions of God you think are good, and then declare God to be mercifull and loving. Then you paint everything else God has done in that light and knock us on the head and tell us WE cant judge God when we point out the many places God act like a dick. Im gonne copy-paste what i wrote yesterday which you conveniently overlooked:

You judge God to be rightous. And honest. and loving.

You basically believe God is good, never fuck up, and more importantly, never fuck up and tell you its all good and you should just trust him because he knows best.

In other words, when i say: "i think God is loving for letting the romans impale jesus so we could be forgiven", you will say i am making a fine judgement.

But if i say i think God is a real ass for drowning all the people back in noahs days just because the angels knocked up some women and stuff, I bet you think i shouldnt judge God since im only a human and not infinite like God.

So what hollywood movie involve a tyrant drowing babies because he dont approve of what the parents do?

• Perry
    Perry

designs,

Eventually religious groups have to come to grips with the notion of self loathing and proclaiming their unworthiness, then the healing begins.

And at some point in their recovery, some will find that their moral and spititual bankrupcy prompts a relationship with the living Jesus Christ as opposed to a "religious group" as you put it.

• designs
    designs

Which Jesus, the one fabricated by your religious group?

• Perry
    Perry

But if i say i think God is a real ass for drowning all the people back in noahs days just because the angels knocked up some women and stuff,

bohn,

How is a person to even begin to respond to this? If all people are sinners, and all deserve death (all are dying by decay), what difference more than a hill of beans does it make if they died a few days earlier or not to serve some purpose of a righteous Creator?

I don't know how old you are but you seem very young, because of your view. Your fundamental problem is that you think God causes death. That is an upside down worldview. God causes life. If a person is already essentially "dead", which we all are according to God, how can God be responsible for making them more dead?

The WT taught us an identical worldview about death as does the atheist learns in pop culture. I understand the handicap. But, if you don't accept the FACT that your soul can and will separate from your body at the moment your body stops functioning, of course none of this will make sense.

But, this thread isn't about a Godless philosophy like Naturalism. It is about the logic of the sacrifice of Jesus based on a biblical worldview.

I know a lot of folks want to scream their bloody heads off at God for a variety of reasons. I did it myself for a time. The fact is that we are all dying right now. Sin causes death, not God.

• designs
    designs

Its like a bad Counrty Western song 'Oh Loathsome Me'

• Perry
    Perry
    that the only way the debt can be paid is not by him saying that it was a ridiculous penalty to begin with,

starting over,

This is the mind-numbing logic of our age encapsulated above. "don't like the laws?" "just change them."

Remember, God is a King. As soon as he does that, the fake moralists will be calling for God to step down becasue he didn't keep his own laws.

I don't think you have thought this out very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit