For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

1.the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

4.( often lower case) a supreme being according to some particular conception:the god of mercy.

OK, so using your definition: the creator owns everything and has the authority to establish right and wrong by virture of his nature as creator. But if he establishes what is wrong and refuses to punish wrong, that makes him an enabler of wrong doing does it not? He would be a contradiction of himself. So it seems like your God mush punish sin to be consistent with himself.

Further, wouldn't your God of Supreme Mercy find a way to also save?

This was all done in the Substitutionary Atonement which is what Terry has a problem with, hence the purpose of this thread.
    Seems like your God would do the same thing Yahweh did, no?

• bohm
    bohm

Perry wrote:

OK, so using your definition: the creator owns everything and has the authority to establish right and wrong by virture of his nature as creator. But if he establishes what is wrong and refuses to punish wrong, that makes him an enabler of wrong doing does it not?

YES he would! and how do we establish he dont do that? How do we establish god is not a tad crazy? THATS MY POINT!

He would be a contradiction of himself. So it seems like your God mush punish sin to be consistent with himself.

Why? Why cant Yahweh-the-God be a little crazy, how can we know that? Its my entire point! you got to judge yahweh-the-god and arrive at the conclusion he is a good guy, that he is trustworthy, and he want the best for you! You sweep it under the carpet by saying he would be a "contradiction of himself", but how can you know that a supreme being cant fool you?

• Perry
    Perry
    YES he would! and how do we establish he dont do that? How do we establish god is not a tad crazy? THATS MY POINT!

I'm glad that you agree that your god should punish evil.

but how can you know that a supreme being cant fool you?

Finally, we come to the main hickey for bohm, trust. Was a HUGE hurdle for me too. First, you are going to have to make friends with him by admitting that you ARE part of the evil that you agree he must punish. Have you ever set a standard for someone else and then broke it for yourself? That is evil.

Then, you can start a relationship with the Supreme Being by accepting Jesus' offer of Substitutionary Atonement in YOUR place, not Adam's. Finally, you can BELIEVE your own definition of God as a God of Mercy. A God of Mercy will not steer you wrong.

I was really mad at God for a long time for allowing me to waste so many years as a JW. However, in all honesty, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my mother and father. I wanted God on my terms. He wore me down until I gave in. Wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING now that I actually have him as my very own.

• bohm
    bohm

Perry: But you got to admit we are not guaranteed before we pick up the bible or otherwise learn about yahweh-the-good that he is a nice person, right? That takes TRUST. So we got to make that judgement of God, that he is good and worth serving.

• Perry
    Perry
    Perry: But you got to admit we are not guaranteed before we pick up the bible or otherwise learn about yahweh-the-good that he is a nice person, right?

We are separated from God initially, we are his enemy. Although there is plenty of anedoctal indicators; there is nothing experientially to prompt trust. Further, it is against our nature to trust, unless you are a very small child. All you'll likely ever have in this life is the testimony of others and your belief about God being Supreme and a God of Mercy.

Later, when you have laid down the hatchet and made friends with God through the blood of Jesus, THEN you get the experience and can make an informed judgment as to whether or not God is worth serving and loving.

But as it is, just from your own expressions, you have more than enough information and belief right now at your command to lead you to the foot of the cross.

Whoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life;

• bohm
    bohm

Perry: So are you judging Yahweh-the-God based on an experience you have with him personally?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wanted God on my terms. He wore me down until I gave in. Wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING now that I actually have him as my very own.

Enjoy your relationship with your serial murderer of a god, he's certainly a big and powerful god, so he'll protect you from any kind of evil.

Why would want such a god like that would probaly create a great amount of work in the hands of a psychoanalyst.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well Perry " So That it Will "Make Sense "

Give all here an explanation of the great flood of Noah, what was its purpose and reason by the God of the Israelites.

• Perry
    Perry

bohm,

No one can judge God in the sense they can "stay his hand or say unto him; what doest thou?". But I can tell you that friendship with God AFTER making Jesus my Lord is very nice and alot less stress in this life. His attention to detail is amazing sometimes.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear sir82...

likewise ask the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's of the world what they make of this scripture: psalm 44:20-22

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit