For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

"Before a person can even formulate a question about God they must assume his goodness since his omnibenevelance is fundamental to the definition of God. If you don't do this, then the subject you are addressing isn't God. Surely you can understand this simple logic."

Oh for petes sake! your trying to win an argument using an argument-per-definition, AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN TRYING TO HIDE THE FACT!

You wrote about Shivah the destoyer, who you can judge:

I can logically make a judgment of Shiva the god. But, as soon as I make the statement "God is not good", I have an impossibility, a non-sequitur.

Leave it to a theist to turn a rational conversation into wordplay. Lets leave the wordplay about God (as in, a creature who per definition is good), and turn to what we are discussing: the God (yahweh) of the bible. I will restate my position:

You have somehow read about him, yahweh, the character in the bible, and arrived at the conclusion he is a good person. You have made a judgement regarding his character.

All i am telling you is that if its okay for YOU to make such a judgement based on certain scripture, you cant go around knock us for judging the same character based on other scripture. You cant have it both ways. Either you have to be the good of the bible to judge the good of the bible - in which case neither of us can do it - or we are both entitled to being able to judge him, just like you have done.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

For what its worth I don't believe in Perry at all !

• Perry
    Perry

Neither do I thetrueone

bohn,

So then explain how the statement "good is not good" doesn't deny the existence of "good".

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

"So that it will make sense." Perry you believe everything you have posted because the Bible tells you so. You believe the Bible because the Bible tells you that God inspired the words that you believe. We come circular with this belief.

Now, you also tell us that you can go beyond the Bible because you have a very personal experience with Jesus and that can't be argued.

Combining the two together you have certainty in your life and want to share this with us and anyone who would believe as you do.

Many of us have come to realize that "The Bible" which is believed by many that it is a historical book and does reflects the mind of a people living thousands of years ago.

So, we cannot accept any of your arguments when you cite scriptures to support them. The believers here will agree with you, however try as you may to convince those of us that know for a "FACT" as you like to say, that the Bible is a sacred text that originates with ancient Israel.

Therefore , so that it will "Make Sense" I believe that "Death Anxiety" is the cause of latching unto any kind of belief system that will bring relief from this anxiety. Feeling that one has a special relationship with God/Jesus calms the heart and mind and frees one from "Death Anxiety."

This seems to be working for you. Take good care of yourself and rest ion the certainty of your own beliefs as I do mine.

Blueblades? Mall Cop

• Perry
    Perry

Perry you believe everything you have posted because the Bible tells you so.

No scriptures being used here in this recent point under discussion blueblades. Care to answer my question to bohn, since he seems to be stewing for the moment?

• bohm
    bohm

Perry, your choosing a definition in the dictionary of "God" that exclude he can be anything but good (and there are other definitions in the dictionary which you conveniently avoid). You then use that definition to tell us we cant judge God. Well excuse me, thats a logical fallacy; argument per definition.

So then explain how the statement "good is not good" doesn't deny the existence of "good".

WTF are you talking about?

The discussion is about you judging the character "Yahweh" in the bible to be "God" (YOUR definition, ie. a good person). that is, YOU are JUDGING Yahweh-the-God to be good, but you deny us the same right to judge Yahweh-the-God because:

Without being God yourself, how can you judge the rightness or love of God and the action he took without being infinite yourself? He is unique. Yet, the parts that are known to us make a certain amount of sense, even in our own movies.

Apparently, those limitations does not apply to Perry, because .. well .. you are perry! the amazing christian who is infinite like God, or at least just right whatever the hell you say.

I will also note that you only drew in your argument-per-definition when i showed you how contradictiory your argument is, but in true christian style, you turn the argument into an argument-per-definition.

MEH

• bohm
    bohm

Perry: and my username is spelled Bohm

BTW for the christians here, when i write in "true christian style" i dont mean christians are usually doing illogical things like Perry is doing here, i am being sarcastic.

• Perry
    Perry
    Perry, your choosing a definition in the dictionary of "God" that exclude he can be anything but good (and there are other definitions in the dictionary which you conveniently avoid). You then use that definition to tell us we cant judge God. Well excuse me, thats a logical fallacy; argument per definition.

Well, that is the common definition. If you are going to make an argument and use definitions that are not commonly known, you should explain yourself a bit before proceeding. So what definition would you like to use for God.....that way we'll be on the same page.

• bohm
    bohm

Perry: lol, you cant really argue anyone, so you try to change the subject any way you can. And im like a JW?

For shit and giggles, here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/God

I will just go with definition #1 - #4, they are all good enough for me since they dont require God to be good or evil per definition.

Well, that is the common definition.

Which is why its number 5 but lets not go there, as i am sure you would love to debate that for a very lengthy amount of time since bickering over words you misunderstand on purpose seems more on your interlectual level.

So with that question settled, how about re-reading my posts, which i have rewritten using the Yahweh-character instead of the word "God" which confuse you so much?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear sir82...

you asked: "What exactly did Jesus permanently and irrevocably give up in his act of "sacrifice"?"

Jesus gave up His "human nature"...that state of "being" that is apt to die, and He went to His death like the sacrificial lamb characteristically does.

...For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him... (2 timothy 2:6-13)

ask the christopher hitchens' of the world what they think of this scripture:

As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." (romans 8:36)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit