Disrespect of the Bible

by brotherdan 127 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

A whole lifetime of not being able question results in you wanting to question EVERYTHING.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I agree about questioning the Bible. We need to. But that means searching it. That means giving it a chance before you throw it away.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I agree about questioning the Bible. We need to. But that means searching it. That means giving it a chance before you throw it away.

Someone is being a bit presumptuous.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Superpunk, dude, you don't know the bible and you threw it away. You've shown that in what you've said about it. I'm not presumptuous. Do you even know what that means? I didn't accuse anyone of anything. All I said was to examine something before you toss it aside.

• wobble
    wobble

I do not believe in God, I have seen no proof that one exists apart from in the imagination of the deluded.

It goes without saying therefore that the Bible too is nothing more to me than an old book, yes , some wisdom in there, none original.

This state of belief, or non-belief, is not just because I know the WT/JW teachings are all bu**s**t.

It is because I have tested the claims made for the Bible and found them sadly wanting, and as above, I see no evidence for God, not even a satisfactory intellectual argument as to why there should be a God.

Brotherdan, if you want to debate the origin of the Universe etc. please read all the old threads on this, and come back with something new.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Superpunk, dude, you don't know the bible and you threw it away. You've shown that in what you've said about it. I'm not presumptuous. Do you even know what that means? I didn't accuse anyone of anything. All I said was to examine something before you toss it aside.

Somehow you aren't seeing that you're assuming we didn't examine the bible before we tossed it aside....hmmm.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan: I would like to call your attention to the following two items, that you may find of interest.

The WT Didn't Make Me an Atheist

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/177109/1/The-Watchtower-Didnt-Make-Me-An-Atheist

and

Why I Am No Longer a Christian

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A0C3C1D163BE880A

-LWT

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Something new, huh?

I respect your decision to reject the Bible. I respect it because you examined it and it was not something you could put your faith in. I have NO problem with that. What I have a problem with is people rejecting something when they have NO clear knowledge about it. They repeat what they have been told. "The Bible is just a book full of silly stories" or "The Bible is full of false prophecies". Did they research this and examine it themselves or are they letting others do this for them. This is the same as they were doing as JWs. Just repeating what you've been told is just the same thing that they do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Superpunk, dude, you don't know the bible and you threw it away. You've shown that in what you've said about it.

I'm not presumptuous. Do you even know what that means? I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

All I said was to examine something before you toss it aside.....Brotherdan

Are you Drunk?..

Are you on medication?..

Is there medication you should be taking?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I will look at those leavingwt.

Superpunk, I deduced your lack of bible knowledge based on your past posts about it. If it looks like a dog and smells like a dog... it's probably Outlaw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit