Disrespect of the Bible

by brotherdan 127 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most of the Christians I like..

Follow Jesus not the Bible..

And..

They are`nt a "Pain in the Ass".....Like most Christians..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I had a feeling I'd get responses like these. The Bible predicts that there would be an overwhelming amount of "scoffers". So it's to be expected. Instead of it making me upset, I guess it makes me sad. The joy that I have experienced with the Bible is greater than any joy I've had. To know that God has chosen me regardless of anything that I've done or could do. It would never be enough.

I still hold that it takes more faith to believe in atheism. I've never gotten a satisfactory answer to the information coming from non information argument.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I had a feeling I'd get responses like these. The Bible predicts that there would be an overwhelming amount of "scoffers". So it's to be expected. Instead of it making me upset, I guess it makes me sad.

Lighten up, brotherdan. ;) It's all in good fun.

I still hold that it takes more faith to believe in atheism.

That's fine. Believers have all sorts of silly ideas. How much faith would you say you expend every day by NOT believing in Krishna? Or Big Foot? Does it take alot of faith? Or a little? Or none at all?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm not sad or upset at any of you specifically. It's just that the promises the Bible holds out right now are amazing and fulfilling. I don't take many things seriously. If you knew me you'd know that. But this is one thing that I can't back down about. I agree to disagree with ExJW- Atheists. I just have a desire for them to experience what I've experienced.

Also superpunk, that is a negative argument. How much faith do you expend NOT believing in something is a silly question. I'm talking about Atheists having faith in scientific theory that cannot be proved. How much faith does THAT take?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I just have a desire for them to experience what I've experienced

Which is commendable but your path is not their path and while one hopes that, eventually, all paths lead to our lord and saviour, they are still different paths for everyone.

• superpunk
    superpunk

How much faith do you expend NOT believing in something is a silly question.

I thought it was a good one.

I'm talking about Atheists having faith in scientific theory that cannot be proved. How much faith does THAT take?

My guess is that it would take alot. I don't know any atheists who do this, though, so I don't know for sure.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Good point, Psac

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

brotherdan

It takes more faith to believe in something like evolution than it does to have faith in the Bible.
    The leaps and bounds you have to assume to compensate for the lack of a God are more than what you have to accept from the Bible.

Why 'believe' in either? Can't we just stop guessing and admit that we haven't got a clue.

We are free then to get on with our lives. No baby. No bathwater. No Holy Water. No Hogwash. It's all so easy...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I'm not trying to over generalize. But it seems to be a trend that when people leave the WTS, they also tend to leave their belief in God behind as well.

Many people don't limit their questioning to just JW teachings. If what's written in WT publications is BS, then what's written in scripture could be as well. Critical thinking should encompass a greater area than just the teachings of the WT.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Agreed Kyser Soze. And, by the way, love the name!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit