• wasblind
    wasblind

Well in that case debator must share the same bed with Alice and Bane

and all the rest of the trolls out there

YEA, I'M TALKIN' SMACK !!!!!

• debator
    debator

Hi donny

I have recently had the awake intro thrown at me by others as well. Claiming it as some sort of declaration of inspiration when it is clearly just badly put grammer concerning already written bible promises from Jehovah of a peaceful world from Isaiah and Psalms etc.

The bible is clear "false prophecy" is specifically concerning those that say they can utter propecies from Jehovah himself as the bible itself was written.

You are trying to say having authority is the same as this which it isn't.

Our Overseers as shepherds have the authority to govern the flock and make decisions for the whole for them to obey but this is not claiming inspiration.

Matthew 18:19
    "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Acts 16:4
    As they traveled from town to town, they delivered the decisions reached by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem for the people to obey.

2 Corinthians 10:8
    For even if I boast somewhat freely about the authority the Lord gave us for building you up rather than pulling you down, I will not be ashamed of it.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So, Debator, if I came to you personally in 1914 and touched your shoulder and said, "The creator promises you that you will never die. It is His promise", would I be a false prophet? Guess what? Rutherford promised MILLIONS the same things. And guess what? They all died.

Your definition of a false prophet is flawed. Do the JWs claim to speak in Jehovah's name? Yes. Do they claim their words come from God? Yes. Read the 9/15/2010 WT.

THEY ARE FALSE PROPHETS!!! There is no other way to define it. You don't have to say "Thus says Jehovah" to be a false prophet. Wake up from your wilfull ignorance and see what they have done and are doing to you.

• debator
    debator

Hi metatron

Jehovah's witnesses are only liars if the bible's prediction of Armageddon is a false one.

Armageddon only has to be right once you know.

A choice is laid before all those who know about it. To believe it will happen or not to believe it will happen. But this is laid at every person who reads the bible's door and how they respond to it.

All the witnesses are doing is keeping their lamps filled with oil as they stand ready waiting for the bridegroom. If some now are saying "Bahh this is taking to long" and go off into a corner to fall asleep, that is their risk. Waiting is hard but worth it IMO.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I have recently had the awake intro thrown at me by others as well. Claiming it as some sort of declaration of inspiration when it is clearly just badly put grammer concerning already written bible promises from Jehovah of a peaceful world from Isaiah and Psalms etc.

LOL, they aren't false prophets, they are just terrible at English.

gotcha. ;)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So was it a lie to say that the faithful men of old were going to be resurrected and live in a house in San Diego? Was this in the Bible? No? Was it true? No? What do call something that someone says that is not true?

A LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• debator
    debator

Hi Brotherdan

Rutherfords only mistake was thinking "generation" which is Jesus's own words was specifically one person's lifetime. Time itself has refined us from this mistaken understanding.

Do you think that we should avoid using bible prophecy even knowing we could be mistaken in our understanding of it?

Matthew 24:42-47 (Amplified Bible)

42 Watch therefore [ [a] give strict attention, be cautious and active], for you do not know in what kind of a day [ [b] whether a near or remote one] your Lord is coming.

43 But understand this: had the householder known in what [part of the night, whether in a [c] night or a morning] watch the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be [d] undermined and broken into.

44 You also must be ready therefore, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him.

45 Who then is the faithful, thoughtful, and wise servant, whom his master has put in charge of his household to give to the others the food and supplies at the proper time?

46 Blessed (happy, fortunate, and [e] to be envied) is that servant whom, when his master comes, he will find so doing.

47 I solemnly declare to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

• debator
    debator

Hi brotherdan

Is it a lie if the person believes it themselves? Mistaken? yes, Lie? no.

While this history lesson from over 90 years ago when we were a very young faith still groping our way out of false christendom teachings is interesting. It is also reasuring if this is how far back in time you have to go for your slings and arrows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit