The False Prophet Nathan?

by brotherdan 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It's amazing the mental gymnastics that debator will perform to avoid admitting that the organization is a false prophet.

Does the watchtower use the same reasoning when they accuse others of false prophecy? Do they give others the same benefit of the doubt they afford themselves? I remember a wt in the early 90s (about the time I was starting to research) The cover of the wt said "Beware of False prophets". I don't have a copy anymore, but I remember how easily the wt accused others of false prophecy for doing the very same thing they did themselves.

Coffee

• debator
    debator

Hi coffee black and Billy

I am not arguing English words here but the Bible. There are no English words in the Bible! but it makes one thing clear whichever language we use there is an ability where God speaks directly to certain people call it inspired/God-breathed whatever you will. The Bible was created by the use of this specific ability. Duet 18 describes this ability as something certain prophets God speaks to directly and The messiah will have specifically. Hebrews confirms this.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (New International Version)

1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

You cannot change this Biblical fact! And witnesses do not claim it as an ability. And it is claiming this specific ability falsely that gets you condemned as a false prophet.

This is the truth of the last 8 pages and you try to blur it to the point where you seem to be even denying the Bible being inspired specifically by this gift because you deny it as a specific ability given to only a certain few?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, you believe that God is not speaking to the Governing Body? What exactly do you think it means when they keep calling themselves "God's channel of communication"?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe

Exactly. though the wt claims to be the only channel of communication with God, the Bible says that it is Jesus who has been appointed heir of all things, and it is through Him that we go to the Father.

The wt can claim to be the only channel of communication...they can claim to be the fds...and they do claim to be a prophet. In the end, they are none of these things. They are a false middle man, who claim authority over the spiritual lives of their followers. They have put themselves in the position of Christ. It is no wonder that their teachings have changed so much, and nothing of what they have predicted has happened. They are a ship without a rudder...paddlng along at the direction of men...

I follow Christ. He has never been a false prophet. He has never changed His teachings. Through His sacrifice I have salvation. I no longer follow man. As the scripture you quoted proves, He is the "channel of communication". The Wt is not.

Coffee

• designs
    designs

Coffee-

Which Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit