The False Prophet Nathan?

by brotherdan 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Hi brotherdan

1 Peter 4:11
    If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

You are confusing humbly giving credit to God with claiming inspiration from God.

Hi bohm

Whatever rutherford believed (I do not wish to be sidetracked onto the side issues) it would have pertained to already written inspired prophecy in the bible. This is not the same as claiming the ability to able to do inspired utterances from God yourself. We are told to decern already written prophecy to see if it is getting fulfilled so as to be prepared. We were given it to use it.

Are you saying we should not try and decern/understand already written bible prophecy?

• donny
    donny

I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says you can make false predictions as long as you do not claim inspiration. That is such a ludicrous excuse. The Society does not want to claim inspiration but they want you to follow them as if they were.

They love to issue "new light" and they require everyone to accept it hook, line and sinker until time or an occurance happens that renders it false. Then another flash of new light is declared and we're all supposed to be happy and excited at this new interpretation which shows how Jehovah is running the show.

Donny

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If the WT doesn't claim inspiration from God, where do all these man made doctrines and prohibitions come from?

Who gave them the authority to add and change words in the Bible?

• superpunk
    superpunk

If the WT doesn't claim inspiration from God, where do all these man made doctrines and prohibitions come from?

Who gave them the authority to add and change words in the Bible?

Probably the same person who gave the early church the authority to leaves apocrypha on the cutting room floor.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Actually, you CANNOT believe the Bible if you think that some prophets were full of it. (2Tim 3:16)

If you would do some research, superpunk, about the failed prophecies in the Bible, I'd be happy to answer them 1 at a time. I've examined these as well, and after researching each of these, my faith ends up being strengthened.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Probably the same person who gave the early church the authority to leaves apocrypha on the cutting room floor.

Todd did that too?

I hate guys named Todd.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Actually, you CANNOT believe the Bible if you think that some prophets were full of it. (2Tim 3:16)

You're still thinking like a JW, bd.

This sort of "all or nothing" approach to the bible is not the right approach, and will ultimately only lead to disappointment if you hold fast to it.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I hold fast to the Bible. In that way, it is all or nothing. But I also do not think that any of us can have it all right. In that way I am NOT like JWs.

You contradict yourself (respectfully speaking). You say there is no way the bible can be absolutely correct. Is that not an all or nothing stance?

• superpunk
    superpunk

You say there is no way the bible can be absolutely correct.

There isn't "no way" it could be absolutely correct. There is a way, it simply isn't.

That doesn't mean, however, that if I so chose, that I could not "believe the bible" as you suggested earlier. I know plenty of Christians who understand the bible's flaws and at the same time appreciate it as a communication of God's will or plan or whatever to us.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But if the Word of God has flaws then 2Tim 3:16 could not be correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit