Australian brothers VERY negative comments regarding new "generations" ... some leaving Bethel..will this blow up in the Watchtowers face?

by Witness 007 126 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

You're married?

• cofty
    cofty

TD thank you for your analysis of the 1995 version of the generation teaching.

I was an elder in 95 and I began the process of leaving the day I read that watchtower. Your description of it as "a meaningless tautology" is spot on.

Interesting to hear news of the first cracks over this latest change. I am sure Blondie is right as far as many older witnesses are concerned but I think this will prompt many young witnesses to consider their future seriously.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

You're married? Yes I'm married.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Alice has said she is the wife of a lawyer, as I recall.

Correct me if I'm wrong,..

• agonus
    agonus

"the generation in Matthew 24:34 applies to a time frame and classification of people it can only be accurately defined with the passage of time"

Not according to the 1995-2006(?) understanding. It was a group of people. Nothing to do with a time period.

• cofty
    cofty

This thread is not about you Alice, its about witnesses finding enough courage to allow themselves to feel anger for years of mental abuse by the borg.

Anger is the silver bullet that penetrates the defenses.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Anger is the silver bullet that penetrates the defenses.

And a strong motivator, but not a healthy one in the long run.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

TD -

You are correct on the tautology thing.

Look at the chapter in the "Greatest Man " book where this Generation is discussed

"In fact, the end will occur within the lifetime of the people who see the fulfilment of all the things Jesus foretells!" (chapter 111)

Wow. The people who are destroyed will be alive at the time it happens. The light is soo bright!

DUH

HB

• cofty
    cofty
    a strong motivator, but not a healthy one in the long run.

For me it lasted long enough to see me through the trauma of leaving; then its time to let it go.

• tec
    tec

Keeping on track with the post...

I think the 'new light' is one of the most essential teachings to loyalty to the WTS. Without that, then I think everything falls apart.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit