I'm curious...

by JediMaster 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

'debator':

Hi Isaac

I seem to have upset you I apologise if you feel the need now to get nasty with me, this was not my intention when I debate. I defend Jehovah's witnesses whom I consider God's people on earth in this time.

My reply: I was not upset, nor was that meant to be nasty. That was seriously meant to be desciptive of you in your debating skills.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

marking

Thank you again, Shelby. You answered a question I have had for a long time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator..

You made accusations..

With respect both you admit ray sold the books for personal profit but any accusations
    of fraud you do against the witnesses is just slander. Are either of you prepared to accuse them in a court of law?.....Debator

You were unable to back them up..

This is a reply, "not" an answer..

Ray lived personally off his profits that is already established from my own knowledge of him and what people have said on here.
    He joined a bible group and never worked again aside from writing the books. His writings are used purely to help people leave the witnesses and for nothing else.
    He was/is the standard bearer for those rejecting witnesses. Whether this is good or not? that is really dependant on the viewpoint of the individuals and ultimately upto Jehovah to judge..

According to you..We should`nt even eat with a person like you..

1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral
    or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat......Debator

Enjoy your S.T.F.U. Burger..

................... ...OUTLAW

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Good Morning Debator,

Just a couple of thoughts here,

You used the following scripture to prove your position. I would like to address a few of them, If you will indulge me a bit.

Hi candlelight

My point was eactly the one you made the Bible God's own words defines "the cross" as an idol. By carving an image to represent Jesus or his death instrument and put it on altars or in God's house, carrying it about with them, they made it into an idol in the purest biblical definition of one. You allegations that the bible can be an idol are unsupported by scripture. We are supposed to use God's scripture it is the sword of the spirit.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edgedsword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I have no agruement with you that the cross is in fact an Idol. But let us look at what else can be an Idol, our stomachs (gluttony), People that are Worshiped(you mentioned the pope, (I also include that who ask for dedication to themselves that are not entitled to such positions). Our apperance can be worshiped and pride is actually a worship of oneself and our own abilities. If we recall, Babal was a worship of their own abilities to raise themselves above God himself.

You quoted Hebrews. If you read the surrounding text, it is evident that it is discussing Jesus. Think about the words. Is words on a page alive? Does it have authority to Judge you? Jesus himself said that His Father is the Judge. The Bible Testifies. It is a Witness to truth. What is it's Testimony? Jesus explains that it is a witness to HIM! If we take what was given as a testimony and replace it for what it was given to testify too, is that not an Idol?

Jesus does not cancel out the Bible he opened it up for us.

Luke 24:45
    Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Yes I agree. Without him, you cannot understand the testimony given. However, salvation is not obtained by knowledge of scripture, but infact knowing Jesus. If you feel that you can 'take in knowledge', instead of knowing him, than you have placed your salvation in a book.

• tec
    tec

I want to add my thanks to Palmtrees', for Shelby. Everything you said was very clear. Jesus IS the Word of God. Jesus IS the truth, and life. The bible points to Him for us to turn to.

Debator - I asked you some questions on the first or second page, I can't remember. About the process of how a person is reinstated to the JW's? If you could re-read that and answer?

Tammy

• tec
    tec

The bible is a witness to the Truth. A witness to Jesus. I like that, Candle Light. Thank you. I've never been able to explain how I can read the bible and use it to understand, and yet consider it not the Word of God. Because Jesus is the Word of God.

Tammy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator..

Heres a picture of the Jehovah Witness Idol..

Worshiped by Jehovah`s Witness`s around the world..

Some Jehovah`s Witness`s wear Watchtower Logo Jewelery.. Which is fitting.. With the exception of the 144,000.. The WBT$ claims to be mediator..Jesus is out of a Job.. Jesus died on a Watchtower Logo.. ...................... ...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Some Jehovah`s Witness`s wear Watchtower Logo Jewelery..
    Which is fitting..

i've seen this first hand http://www.jeffreydesign.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

• OUTLAW
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow Shelby ...way to go hunny!!! Your points so very well written, so clear, excellent! Unfortunately Debator as I previously noted doesnt want to actually 'listen'....sad really but at least we have all tried...

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit