I'm curious...

by JediMaster 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

IF you felt you were annointed why are you no longer witnesses?

They can still be witnesses for god. They just aren't part of the watchtower, douchebag.

NOTE: I am a total atheist. But I will defend their right to beleive, even if I think it's wacky and wrong.

• Chalam
    Chalam

All Christians are anointed, any other teaching is falsehood.

1 John 2:19-20 (New International Version)

19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

For those who have grown up on the NWT, that is "you" plural in the original Greek :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• debator
    debator

I am sorry I should have been specific.

The teachings on eucharist, holy communion, sacrement, partaking outside of witnesses is that everyone does it whatever their circumstances from my experience and knowledge. I have had friends join various christian religions and they just partook straight away as part of their church services. They turned up on a certain weekly or monthly day and everyone at church on that day got offered bread and wine. I don't know any Christian religions besides witnesses and early Christians that have a personally qualified point of self examination when partaking

• Chalam
    Chalam

notverylikely They can still be witnesses for god. They just aren't part of the watchtower, douchebag.

Maybe they became a witness for Jesus as He told us :)

Acts 1:8 (New International Version)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Blessings,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator..

The WBT$ does not like to be corrected..

Even by the Annointed,to whom the WBT$ should be listening to..

Disagree with the WBT$ and you can be thrown out..Annointed or not..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Outlaw - good point, well put, thanks.

Loz x

• debator
    debator

Hi outlaw

I refer you to these scriptures.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

1 Corinthians 5:10-13 (New International Version)

10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [a]

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

The anointed in the early Christians held each other up to rebuke and expelling if they ignore their teachings or caused divisions among many other things. Are you saying this was wrong of the early Christians?

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

IF you felt you were annointed why are you no longer witnesses?

Those who are truly annointed would not stay a JW. Either they would be cast out for the truth they were speaking, or they would leave understanding the adultery and idolatry taking place.

The spirit is one of Truth, and cannot tolerate otherwise.

• debator
    debator

Hi candlelight

what adultery and idolatry? I see the cross idolatry, I see the pope calling himself God. but in witnesses I see humble men working for Jehovah through his son Jesus.

With you I can see you do not agree with our teachings that is your choice but then your anointed-ness is different and of your own understanding of it and not of the witnesses understanding from the Bible so it was incorrect to partake under our understanding anyway. So in that case you were right to leave.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator..

You scriptures have nothing to do with what I posted to you..

Just more of your typical Straw men..

If the WBT$ is wrong and one of the Annointed points it out.. The WBT$ has an obligation to LISTEN..

The Annointed are under no obligation to do as they are dam well told by the WBT$..When they see something within the WBT$ that needs correcting..

The Annointed "do" have an obligation to tell the WBT$ when they are wrong and need correction..

That does not sit well with the WBT$..The WBT$ will Punish the Annointed for doing their job..

And..They do..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit