How to respond to "Whoelse is preaching the good news worldwide?"

by EndofMysteries 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Debator (edit) stated: "The bible only tells us how the Eunuch Got contacted and philips preaching, then his baptism. You are then jumping to conclusions because the bible says no more on it. As to whether the eunoch joined a congregation etc. You are speculating on absence of evidence either way. he didn't see philip again and it stops there."

My reply: You are also jumping to conclusions here as well if you go down that argument. The bible does indeed only say how he was contacted and his baptism. That's it. Speculating he did anything else after his baptism is adding to the scriptures.

To answer the OP question, lots of people (non-JWs) are preaching the good news that Jesus taught. Saying JWs are the only ones or first ones is false. In fact, they preach doom and gloom, not good news. So JWs are disqualified.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In the parable of the sheep and goats in Matthew chapter 25, Jesus, in his own words, lays out the works he deems worthy and who does them in a way he approves.

You will NOT find preaching anywhere there.

James echos this when he says that the good works are to take care of widows, watch your tounge, don't judge others.

Again, no preaching.

Paul himself warns that not all have the gift of teaching/preaching and that all gifts are valid, even if he himself favours some more than others.

• trebor
    trebor

debator...big on following Jesus instructions to his disciples...Open the New World Translation to Luke chapter 10...Make sure you read verse 7 outloud:

1 After these things the Lord designated seventy others and sent them forth by twos in advance of him into every city and place to which he himself was going to come. 2 Then he began to say to them: “The harvest, indeed, is great, but the workers are few. Therefore beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest. 3 Go forth. Look! I am sending YOU forth as lambs in among wolves. 4 Do not carry a purse, nor a food pouch, nor sandals, and do not embrace anybody in greeting along the road. 5 Wherever YOU enter into a house say first, ‘May this house have peace.’ 6 And if a friend of peace is there, YOUR peace will rest upon him. But if there is not, it will turn back to YOU . 7 So stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they provide, for the worker is worthy of his wages. Do not be transferring from house to house.

Jesus' command regarding the ministry is not to move from ‘house to house’. Other translations also show this to be Jesus’ command in verse 7:

New International Version (NIV): "Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house."

American Standard Version (ASV):"And in that same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house."

New King James Version (NKJV):"And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house."

Young's Literal Translation (YLT):"And in that house remain, eating and drinking the things they have, for worthy [is] the workman of his hire; go not from house to house,"

English Standard Version (ESV): "And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house."

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

"The bible only tells us how the Eunuch got contacted and Philip's preaching, then his baptism."

Drawing any conclusions about further actions of the Eunuch using wishful thinking that the story can be made to fit ones agenda is DISHONEST because the bible says no more about it.

"The bible does indeed only say how he was contacted and his baptism. That's it. Speculating he did anything else after his baptism is adding to the scriptures."

Amen

I was a JW for 45 years then I went searching. I settled in a Southern Baptist Church, a common version of Baptist here in Florida. Very contrary to anything I was taught in the WT:

1.) We aren’t and did not become “demonized” or turn into “pure hate” by leaving the JWs, reading anti-JW lit, or visiting and studying with any Catholic, Jewish, Messianic, or Protestant group.

2.) I and my family are incredibly happy. We are loved and respected.

3.) I read this forum with so many talking suicide due to the ELDERS JC actions in their lives and remember what it did to us to be falsely accused, declared immoral, called "adulterers, bigamists, and the parents of bastards".

4.) I have a quality of study material that far exceeds the WT pubs.

5.) NONE of the churches, synagogues I visited demands absolute devotion or proclaims itself the only way. I have never heard the self promotion, self glorifying, proud "hurray for us" behaviors I heard weekly in the KH.

6.) I studied with a retired Seminary professor who edited a Bible translation and he is the humblest man I know. No pretentiousness. Not from him or any of the pastors, deacons, retired missionaries and pastors in our group of 750.

7.) Deciding who is the "truth" with Watchtower notions is ludicrous. They invented and falsified ‘proofs’. Type into Google any WT doctrine “Watchtower cross” or “Watchtower Jesus worship” for example and check out the research on the falsified WT doctrines. Liars lie and Satan is the Father of the lie. There is no honor in believing in lies.

I so wish you would consider that you are the one who is responsible to God for what you believe and how you act. You can’t tell him that you were just following the orders of the CO or a ten year old WT article to abuse someone, judge and that with faulty promotion, or act dishonestly. You aren’t “in the truth” if you don’t hold Jesus as being in the Number 1 position in the Universe - HE is the truth and the way and the life.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. (Hebrews 1:1-3)

Does that sound like an angels powers of the full powers of God himself? Since:

For He has put everything under His feet. But when it says "everything" is put under Him, it is obvious that He who puts everything under Him is the exception. And when everything is subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who subjected everything to Him, so that God may be all in all.

At this time Jesus is number one in charge and announcing “Jehovah’s Kingdom” is distressingly inappropriate. It is Jesus’ Kingdom. Knowing this and then saying that we shouldn’t look intently at Jesus for our every need is telling the Father that we don’t approve of his choice of absolute ruler of the Universe.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Messiah has been born of God, and everyone who loves the parent also loves his child. (1 John 5:1)

I can’t say enough except that all of our Watchtower brainwashed in reasons for refusing to consider or investigate traditional Christianity is based on lies, exaggeration, irrational fear, false standards of doctrine trying to prove “Babylonish” religion (unsubstantiated nonsense if you actually investigated Babylon and its religions) and hatred of actual Christian doctrine. Go read the first and second century Church Fathers including the actual disciples of Peter and John. Read Josephus’ The Antiquities of the Jews - book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3 on how Jesus was felt to have to have been more than a man.

Since the Watchtower’s origins are in Charles Russell’s promotion of “proving the Free-Masonry of the Bible” makes his WT doctrines “Egyptian-ish” religion what with his promoting 1914 based on the length of a hallway in the Great Pyramid!

Is that the source of your truth? Free-masonry? New World Order? Who are they, really?

I pray to know truth, do you? Do you trust that the source of truth isn’t going to use a two centuries old political - philosophical fraternity as his exclusive outlet? Ask God, Jesus himself to reveal truth directly to you and listen to him. Don’t trust that WT brainwashing of “spiritual ruin” coming by reading the Bible on your own.

Love and regards,
    Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit