How to respond to "Whoelse is preaching the good news worldwide?"

by EndofMysteries 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• debator
    debator

Hi Olin

I think I have said my peace on this topic but like to disgree with your statement.

I think witnesses take very seriously the direction to take care of widows and orphans and this is seen in their work in tragedy hit regions and among ourselves individually. But we are talking specifically about the primary life-giving command of the God-given preaching work itself. We do not have a pick-n-mix of what commands to follow.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

debator said:

I think witnesses take very seriously the direction to take care of widows and orphans and this is seen in their work in tragedy hit regions and among ourselves individually. But we are talking specifically about the primary life-giving command of the God-given preaching work itself. We do not have a pick-n-mix of what commands to follow.

My reply: Now i know you are joking. JWs take door knocking seriously- not visiting the unfortunate. My experience has always been visiting sick/unfortuante JWs AFTER field service. If a non-JW it would be done as a time extender. And again, preaching false prophecy and another gospel is not fulfilling mt 24:14.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

One of the tell-tale signs of a cult is people knowing so little about them. Most of my workmates and non-JW friends know little to nothing about JWs. This of a group that boasts worldwide activity.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the WTS and Church of Latter day Saints have far more in common with each other then they actually think, in fact on the surface you could think they are same branches of a Mother organization.

Debater I'm looking forward to these spirit lead examples of how much preaching work is done in China , go on dazzle me

• debator
    debator

Hi Isaac

I don't particularily want to be drawn into other topics. I think it is on the table that Jw's preach world-wide to the best of their ability and whether you would argue it's effectiveness or not, it is for Jehovah himself to judge.

Hi Madsweeney

But if people simply don't agree with Jehovah's witnesses God-given kingdom message then that is a different subject. There is no point in me saying "Oh yes they do preach the right kingdom message" You will simply say "Oh no they don't" and that is the end of it.

If you then think you have the right Kingdom message do you and your church preach it?

HI Jook

China is a country were they are under Ban as a communist controlled country so a bit of a low blow to use .Since all preaching work there cannot be mentioned for the sake of those preaching under ban.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Debator; when the USSR was dissolved and those former countries showed reports after years of ban the figures in later years were very disappointing from these former nations I remember some of the figures that were being banded about during the early 90's with R&F Dubs predicting that Russia would be on a par with the USA in regards to publisher figures don't hold your breath if China was ever to embrace democracy you would be lucky to see just perhaps a few hundred Dubs at most. Russia has a population of over 140 million and at a guess I'd say there are approx 100k Dubs a quite poor publisher to population ratio , China has a population of 1.4 billion with most of the population Buddhist and Taoist there are over 30 million Muslim's and this figure is rising dramatically, talk of a Dub stronghold in this nation? unlikely

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Debator said;

Hi Isaac

I don't particularily want to be drawn into other topics. I think it is on the table that Jw's preach world-wide to the best of their ability and whether you would argue it's effectiveness or not, it is for Jehovah himself to judge.

My reply: While highly ineffective and antiquated, the message preached by the JWs is itself false, another gospel. What did Paul say about preaching another gospel?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Debator

Please be more specific? what other groups? mormons? They preach the book of mormon. Trinitarians Preach a 3rd century derived triune God?

I'm not sure how to be more specific than this. Any other "good news" wouldn't apply to everyone who believes.

Is it the same "good news" that the evildoer received?

Luke 23:43 And he said to him: "Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise."

He never went to meetings or preached door to door. He received the firm promise of "Paradise" after living an entire life of sin. Now that would be "good news" if I am him.

The Mormons don't preach this good news.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

debator; it is on the table very much so and I will make a judgment rather then leave it to your evil angry god of the Old testament Jerkhoobah because I feel that I am far ore qualified to do so, the simple fact is that the WTS has failed to preach a message even close to the kingdom of God that JC preached during his life time, if an organization claiming to be a prophet that is doing this work but has failed then Duet 18 20 -22 must come into play and sadly and luckily for the majority of mankind that apostate false prophet is the WTS, please quit using the term "only jeehovah can judge" I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this about this bastard God.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I always ask the dubs how, if no one else is "preaching the good news worldwide", did "Pastor" Russell first learn of Christianity? Where did he obtain his first bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit