How to respond to "Whoelse is preaching the good news worldwide?"

by EndofMysteries 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I remind them that the Mormon boys who moved in next door, where the need was great, have made way more than ten times more converts. Who had Jehovah's blessing?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    I remind them that the Mormon boys who moved in next door, where the need was great, have made way more than ten times more converts. Who had Jehovah's blessing?

and I dread to think how many people bought BP shares.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it doesn't matter if only they are the sole group practising some form of a world wide message(they are not as we know) firstly their message completely has no resemblance to the message that JC preached, secondly the effectiveness of this so called world wide preaching falls far short where billions never have or ever will be likely to hear this message these billions include nations such as;

India

China

Pakistan

Afghanistan

Bangladesh

Myanmar

Laos

Thailand

Cambodia

Vietnam

Indonesia

Malaysia

Singapore

Uzbekistan

Kazakhstan

Krygistan

Turkmenistan

Iraq

Iran

UAE

Bahrain

Yemen

Oman

Qatar

Kuwait

Saudi Arabia

Somalia

Sudan

Qatar

the whole of North Africa

the amount of JW's active in all of this lands is simply a mere handful and we are talking about billions of people the real point here is to expose that how ineffective their world wide preaching work is , in the rare time I get talking to them this is one subject I like to highlight,yep your God is certainly going to murder billions of babies/toddlers and young children?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

EndofMysteries

In the context of the passage you sited what "good news" of the "torture stake"?

Is it the same "good news" that the evildoer received?

Luk 23:43

And he said to him: "Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise."

He never went to meetings or preached door to door. He received the firm promise of "Paradise" after living an entire life of sin. Now that would be "good news" if I am him.

• debator
    debator

So you all accept that they do preach world-wide and you only point of contention is that it cannot be the right message so they are wrong?

That always begs the question if it isn't the witnesses doing this prophecy who is?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Debator, i would not say worldwide. China? And they have not done anything in the Islamic nations.

And the fact that they are not preaching the good news would also disqualify them from fulfilling this.

• carla
    carla

"Preach the gospel always, If necessary use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi.

What good news to jw's preach? join us or else? the Big A is right around the corner since 1874? You must use this made up name for God or else! They barely give Jesus a mention, what good news do they have?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

debator

I agree with Isaac. You have to know what's good about the good news, before you make that claim. Otherwise other groups beat them to it long ago, and are still doing it today.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I reject the premise of the statement. First, the so-called "good news" from the WTS is that Jesus has been "invisibly present" since 1914 and will bring destruction to this system "any day now." In other words, the core Watchtower message is to "cry wolf" for 130 years. They were wrong 130 years ago, and they're wrong today.

Second, the WTS is not preaching the so-called "good news" worldwide. There are billions of people (primarily Muslims, Chinese, North Koreans, etc.) who have never heard of the Witnesses or their "good news."

When confronted with these inconvenient facts, some JWs try to deflect the issue by asking "if not us, then who?" Again, the premise is faulty. Think about it this way: who was "preaching the good news worldwide" in 1600? Nobody, right? So, what makes 2010 any different? In other words, under Watchtower theology, there must be some group preaching the good news in the Last Days. So, conversely, if these aren't the Last Days, then there doesn't have to be somebody preaching the good news--even under Watchtower theology.

Thus, just like everything else in Watchtower-land, it always goes back to 1914. If 1914 is wrong (which it clearly is, as shown by each passing day), then the whole "preaching the good news worldwide" canard goes away.

This is just another example of the shaky house of cards that Watchtower/JW theology is based on. I feel sorry for people who feel the need to defend this silliness. They are going to die disappointed, just like all the JWs and other suckers who fell for end-times hucksters before them.

Oh well, I guess PT Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every minute. Religious leaders (including the WTS) are counting on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit