How to respond to "Whoelse is preaching the good news worldwide?"

by EndofMysteries 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This scripture stands out to me.....

1 cor 1:17-21 For Christ dispatched me, not to go baptizing, but to go declaring the good news, not with wisdom of speech, that the torture stake of the Christ should not be made useless.
    18 For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise [men] perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual [men] I will shove aside.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, "GOD SAW THROUGH THE FOOLISHNESS OF WHAT WAS BEING PREACHED TO SAVE THOSE BELIEVING". - ( I was raised a jw, I got to the point I felt spiritually starved, that everything was stale food, and took on reading the bible and learning without human guidance)

Then we have Matt 23:15 15 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen′na twice as much so as yourselves.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Define preaching the good news worldwide, please.

StAnn

• agonus
    agonus

If by "the good news', you mean the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I'd say it's pretty much been done well before Pastor Russell ever came on to the scene (except for one-offs like China, which I grant is a pretty big one-off).

If by the 'Good News' you mean the Gospel of The Watchtower, then I'd have to agree it would be pretty much Jehovah's Witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What good News?..

Armageddon is right around the corner?..

The Generation of 1914 will not pass away?..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots and anyone with a Computer can find out how Stupid they are?

........................... ...OUTLAW
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

thanks outlaw! I love that picture, 'IT IS A FACT'. Will go great with the newest watchtower, 'millions now living 'may' never die' as what the talk was called ;)

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I think somebody bored can play in photoshop and make the sign say this, "Millions now living will never die have died"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$..

Gods bOrganization!!..

...OUTLAW
  • Highlander
  • Highlander
    Highlander

I don't know about other parts of the U.S. but here in Long Beach, CA I see mormons preaching far more often then I see jws. The jdubs have resorted to standing in front of the local kingdumb hall while holding the latest copies of watchtower and awake over their hearts. One of these days I'll take a pic of them and post it here.

• StAnn
    StAnn

EOM, what constitutes preaching? Just going door to door and selling stuff?

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit