why I like this site

by nancy drew 157 Replies latest jw experiences

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Fornication is not only from the ORG like most would have you believe but it´s ACTUALLY in the Bible. "

Even so, who cares? I refuse to recognize the bible as holy, most of what's written is pure crap.

• BANE
    BANE

Agonus,

APOSTASY

This term in Greek (a·po·sta·si′a) comes from the verb a·phi′ste·mi, literally meaning “stand away from.” The noun has the sense of “desertion, abandonment or rebellion.” (Ac 21:21, ftn) In classical Greek the noun was used to refer to political defection, and the verb is evidently employed in this sense at Acts 5:37, concerning Judas the Galilean who “drew off” (a·pe′ste·se, form of a·phi′ste·mi) followers. The Greek Septuagint uses the term at Genesis 14:4 with reference to such a rebellion. However, in the Christian Greek Scriptures it is used primarily with regard to religious defection; a withdrawal or abandonment of the true cause, worship, and service of God, and hence an abandonment of what one has previously professed and a total desertion of principles or faith. The religious leaders of Jerusalem charged Paul with such an apostasy against the Mosaic Law.

It may properly be said that God’s Adversary was the first apostate, as is indicated by the name Satan. He caused the first human pair to apostatize. (Ge 3:1-15; Joh 8:44) Following the Flood, there was a rebellion against the words of the God of Noah. (Ge 11:1-9) Job later found it necessary to defend himself against the charge of apostasy on the part of his three supposed comforters. (Job 8:13; 15:34; 20:5) In his defense Job showed that God grants no audience to the apostate (Job 13:16), and he also showed the hopeless state of one cut off in apostasy. (Job 27:8; compare also Elihu’s statement at 34:30; 36:13.) In these cases the Hebrew noun cha·neph′ is used, meaning “[one] alienated from God,” that is, an apostate. The related verb cha·neph′ means “be inclined away from the right relation to God,” or “pollute, lead to apostasy.”—LexiconinVeterisTestamentiLibros, by L. Koehler and W. Baumgartner, Leiden, 1958, p. 317.

THAT is your definition sir. Not the one that you espouse.

Serenity, Wow...You lost your faith. That is exactly what Satan wants. I feel sorry for you.

• agonus
    agonus

This term in Greek (a·po·sta·si′a) comes from the verb a·phi′ste·mi, literally meaning “stand away from.”

Bane... wow, dude, you just agreed with me and YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE you just agreed with me...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

" Serenity, Wow...You lost your faith. That is exactly what Satan wants. I feel sorry for you."

You shouldn't. I'm happier and more at peace than I have ever been. I finally am able to choose what to believe. I choose to believe things that make sense, I no longer feel compelled to believe something just because someone tells me to. As far as doing what satan wants, he's a mythical creature like god.

• beksbks
    beksbks

You probably don't care Serenity, but I don't feel sorry for you

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bane... wow, dude, you just agreed with me and YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE you just agreed with me...Agonus

Agonus..

Your messing up Banes training..

He can`t concentrate on a lot of things at once..

We`re trying to teach him to fetch a stick..

Small Black and White Dog with Stick Desktop Wallpaper ......................... ...OUTLAW
  • agonus
    agonus

Oh, I'd say Bane's training has paid off in spades. He's fetched his Master's stick unfailingly. But that's OK. We need loyal little doggies. They make us feel good, you know. Good doggie! WHO'S A GOOD BOY! YES YES YES YOU ARE!

• BANE
    BANE

Agonus, No I didn´t agree with you. There was MORE to the definition than you provided. I just fixed what you wrote.

Ooh....More apostate mockings. JUST like everyone else there agonus. The apostates are training you very well. Come on...Mock some more. I love the apostate gang mentality that goes on here. Too funny. The org tells EXACTLY how you guys behave and you totally prove them right. You think you are free and such but then behave exactly as others have said.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The mocker cries about other mocking.

I see you're stuck on the same old crap Bane. Got nothing new, do ya?

• agonus
    agonus

BANE,

I was just having fun. Gang mentality goes both ways you know.

"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't permanent no how"... Walt Kelley, Pogo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit