My friend got a certified letter saying he is being DF'D

by foolsparadise 83 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Blondie, would this count as grounds for a 'scrptural divorce', if one of the parties was married?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, at least in this area. It has been suggested to sisters with non-jw ex-husbands to sit outside his house with another reliable jw to witness their going into the house and staying overnight with a woman to get grounds for a scriptural divorce. We know that BOEs are never consistent though in their interpretations so I can only speak for this area (midwest) not yours or others.

But it only works at night, because we know that sex never happens during the day..............right?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL, well if the org says so then it must be the case! LOL

• moshe
    moshe

Even with 24/7 videotape, they can still be Df'd, because you can be Df'd for bring public reproach on Jehoobah's earthly org and the local KH, and this overnight sleeping arrangement could be viewed by a neighbor as cohabiting adults of the opposite sex.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Nutbars the lot! He may have a case because he has a letter and given the impact of shunning on him emotionally, legally, financially, famlial can be devastating from every angle.

This whole thing is moronic. Brother in law might get seduced by sister in law....well, goodness me, let's take the whole sexual repression and immorality to another level - what about a mother who lives alone with her adult son? Or how about a single woman in her twenties, who has her single brother living with her as a roommate?

I once had my brother visiting me and we went out for lunch. He didn't live around me and so in a small town where everyone thinks they know everything, a couple of people spotted me out and having a good time with this good looking man. Word got around and lo and behold I was supposedly having an affair with some guy 'someone' saw me with. Bunch of asses and nutbars.

sammieswife

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Elduhs candisfellowship you if they just THINK you might have used the opportunity to commit a sin. No two witness rule here.

Unlike a child who comes forward and is made to confront the molestor.

There is a letter on the forum you can send to the elders, saying you will sue if they make any announcement in conection with your name without your prior consent.

How long will it be before they are DFing single people with a dog?

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Or how about a single woman in her twenties, who has her single brother living with her as a roommate?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know jw women who were told their brother could not stay overnight or move in with them to share the rent, because it would look bad. I know 2 sisters who were told they had to have a 2 bedroom apartment not just one bedroom because it would look strange.

• booby
    booby

Yes folks, it all comes down as per the info that Blondie has cited. However and at the same time it should never be construed that Jehobar witnesses have to follow or abide by, or are in any way controlled by rules. In no way are they bound by rules from the gubberning body of Jehobars witlesses.

Aren't they just the group or organization that can "prove" that they are the true religion on earth today BY THE LOVE THAT THEY SHOW

• blondie
    blondie

I know 2 sisters who were told they had to have a 2 bedroom apartment not just one bedroom because it would look strange.

---------------------

Think about it, what does that have to say about the arrangements at Bethel, 2 brothers sharing one room?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was interested in the fact that they sent him a certified letter instead of telling him face to face.

Obviously, they did not have the guts to do it man to man.

Agreed that he is now better off and will realize it soon enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit