My friend got a certified letter saying he is being DF'D

by foolsparadise 83 Replies latest jw friends

• BANE
    BANE

If he does´nt want to be one of Jehovah´s witnesses anymore...WHY SUE? He should be uh...FREE right guys? Such hypocrisy here. You SAY you want freedom from the oppresive org THEN you are mad when you actually get it. HUH?

• StAnn
    StAnn

My oldest brother came home from work one day to discover that his house had burned down. (Really.) He went to our brother's house to stay the night. Our brother works 3rd shift and wasn't home. Our brother's wife wouldn't left the oldest, homeless brother spend the night because he was single and they might get DF'd if he stayed there while our other brother was at work! The man was homeless and his own sister-in-law wouldn't give him a couch to crash on because of the stupid WTS policies.

Foolsparadise, tell your friend to see this as an opportunity to just cut his losses, move on, and get a real life. No need to waste emotional energy on those fools at the KH.

StAnn

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    won't let him see his children

If that's the case and considering his financial condition, whatever he can afford to spend on lawyers could be used in the area of custody and visitation. The certified DF letter combined with the WT custody pamphlet may be useful in pursuing his rights as a father--that's where an experienced attorney can help. Also see the related article at Freeminds.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Good he's out tell him to move on, oh and go slap that ex in the mouth... That should be HIGH on his to do list...

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

Moshe is right they did him a favor. But this guy is a wimp for every time the elders harrassed him, he should have pounded on the elders home door 10 times, at all kind of wacky hours and upset them. trust me they don't like it. I had one big mouth elder play with me once. He stopped fast after I kept showing up at his door asking to talk about the bible. these elders are CRY BABIES, JUST GO TO THEIR HOUSE AND KNOCK IN THEIR DOOR AND WHEN THEY WILL NOT TALK JUST CALL THEM HYPOCRITES... WORKS EVERY TIME

• freydo
    freydo

"It's better to be hated for something you are, than loved for what you are not!"

• cult classic
    cult classic

Unfortunately once they start gunning for you, there isn't much you can do. What an unloving, isolating religion.

Bane, there is no hypocrisy in this situation. If you have family in the religion there can be lots of conflicting emotions surrounding your exit. You should be free to leave on your terms.

freydo - I like that quote. jotting in down!

Cult Classic

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

bane said:

If he does´nt want to be one of Jehovah´s witnesses anymore...WHY SUE? He should be uh...FREE right guys? Such hypocrisy here. You SAY you want freedom from the oppresive org THEN you are mad when you actually get it. HUH?

My reply:

You mean similar to one claiming to be an active, believing JW while disregarding the irgs counsel to stay off of apostate/critical of the organization websites?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Forget legal redress unless you have a mint to burn - The WTS Legal Dept have got all the angles covered. - As for the action of the body? Yes that is right. Spending the night under the same roof as a member of the opposite sex is considered obvious fornication, no matter how you deny it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

question:

For the sake of argument, if it can be proven that a male and female stayed the night alone together in the same house BUT can also be proven that no physical contact occured, can they still be dfed? Let's assume they videotaped the entire night verifying no contact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit