The Jehovahs Witness family weekend

by jambon1 82 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Children enjoy playing together and not having a childhood spent parked by the parents at a computer, Wii or playstation as you can see in non-witness familes.
    Or watching non-witness Dad and mum leave them with babysitters so they can have their saturday party night out and screaming at the kids to be quiet on sunday till midday as they nurse their hangovers

It's a good thing that emotion exploitative generalities are so beneath you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Alice/Rachel; sounds like you and your mum are a perfect double act, need to move in again together and get back on the acid.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Debator,

Thanks for the input but in my opinion your argument offers little of the objectivness you mention.

You compare Witness kids who are answering freely, enjoying the meetings and outings afterward, to non Witnesses who park their kids in front of the computer or leave them at babysitters screaming. That's the ol' "Witnesses good....all non Witnesses bad " programming at it's finest. So far the experiences posetd have been in regard to individuals own personal experiences in managing their families while keeping up with the busy scedule of a Witness. No one said it was the same for every Witness family although there have been many articles written in the literature addressing this particular challenge of Witness life so it must be a reality for many. Although the admonition from the Society regarding meeting attendance has always been " Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, but do it all the more so as you behold the day drawing near" the bookstudy arrangement has been dropped which goes against what the scriptures say and what they've always admonished but it has lightened the load of every Witness family.

P.S. Plenty of Witnesses own computer games and often leave their kids at babysitters when Mom and Dad need a break.

Also...plenty of the kids answering don't know what they are talking about and haven't been allowed to look at any other information before formulating their beliefs.

Remember, for most families, its not only the time spent at the actual meetings but also the time spent in getting their kids prepared for, dressed up, traveling to and from the meetings. You are made to feel you are making all the effort to please Jehovah when much of what is required was decided upon by a group of men who live in an instutution in New York in an altered state of reality far removed from the real world most of us move around in.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator..

What planet do you live on?..

JW kids do not have a choice,as to whether they go out in FS or not..

Any answer they give at a meeting,is pre-scripted by the WBT$..

Most of us here have heard JW parents beating the shit out of their kid, in the kingdom hall bathroom..

Any large JW social gatherings are frowned on..

I bought my first video game console,from a JW owned store..

Your post is not truthful..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• loosie
    loosie

Alice,

if you didn't have a bad experience being a JW, then good for you. Most of us did, so we come here to heal. By you comign here and telling us that we are exaggerating or making stuff up only halts our healing. I suggest you go back to the meetings to be with your kind of people.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

jambo 1

sounds like a fabulous weekend

wishes for many more

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

It's 3pm on a Sunday in shorts insted of a suit leaving the afternoon meeting only to take off my suit and secretly say "I hate Sundays, that was not relaxing."

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice/Rachel; sounds like you and your mum are a perfect double act, need to move in again together and get back on the acid."

Actually reading some of these posts is like a bad trip on acid. I just think of it as combat training for nervy adults who feel CPS should be contact for taking your kid to the meeting as it's “criminal.” You feed your kid LSD and I'll take my daughter the meetings. Thank you for listening.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You feed your kid LSD and I'll take my daughter the meetings. Thank you for listening.

You have a daughter? Poor kid.

Posting again cuz some people don't understand that this topic is not about them:

Having been out of the organisation for over 4 years and having finally released my kids from the hellish existance that is life as a JW, it struck me today how enjoyable our weekends are in comparison to when we were JW's.

The weekends are vital for us just now. My wife doesn't work but I work full time from very early in the morning. I don't get to see my beutiful children in the morning during the week. When I get home I have a bit time to spend with my wife or doing other chores around the house & then the kids roll in from school. Homework, dinner, bath time, next days lunch making, grass cutting, plant watering, & it's bed time again.

Friday-Sunday is such a welcome change from that. Don't get me wrong, I love my work & I love our Mon-Fri routine. But it is taxing. It's tiring.

Friday is a fun day. We stay up late & have chocolate fondue. We lie in for a while on a Saturday and I enjoy morning cuddles from my wee kids. I cook breakfast & then we go out for the day which is lovely in this warm sunny Scottish weather . On a Saturday night I feel no pressure to be in bed early so we have some drinks & treat the kids to a late night & some TV.

On a Sunday we have a nice relaxing day & we treat our kids if we can afford it. In the morning they like to watch cartoons.

When we were witnesses, a Friday was so utterly depressing. Knowing that we would have to haul our ass around the doors with 2 small infants who were just wanting to run around mad but were trussed up in f***ing dresses & suits. At 3 years old! Even worse, you would have to validate your families spirituality by making sure that the kids would do a presentation or something at the arrangement. At 3 years old!

The rest of the day was spent in the shadow of the upcoming early rise of Sunday morning to once again get trussed up like a turkey & head off to the Kingdom grill to have your sorry ass exposed as a shithouse of a christian who needed to do more, more, more! And hell mind you if the entire families Watchtowers hadn't been studied & marked up! Sitting all shy, not wanting to answer so that the microphone prince wouldn't see that you hadn't bothered your arse to study the healing words of mother!

If you were a real sluggard then you would leave the hall without going out on 'the work' because your kids are tired already & also hungry. How you would punish yourself on the way home as a useless shithouse of a family head because you wanted to eat your lunch in relative freedom, outwith the judgemental eye of your fellow miserable sunday ministry arrangement-goers. Even worse you might want to spend the rest of sunday in some sort of sinful 'recreation' such as sandcastle making with your kids on the local beach.

How times have changed for me. I love my weekends now & I truely make 'each day count'.

I love my life now & I can clearly see that my kids are happy too.

Jehovah's Witnesses deprive children of a proper childhood in my opinion. It's criminal.

When your children are all grown up, that time is gone. Lost forever.

Jehovah's Witnesses - Do you make 'each day count' for you and your family?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I don't understand all this talk about dropping acid as we used to say in the 60's. what does this have to do with someone's expressing their enjoyment in spending time with their family on the weekend?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit