The Jehovahs Witness family weekend

by jambon1 82 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"better yet....

Admit you are lonely.

You have reasons for not being in attendance.

Start contributing to threads instead of detracting from them.

Post threads that aren't just so you cry 'persecution'

Be real Rachel....

If not, yea we are tired of you schtick enjoy your insanity but take it back to the chronicle forum.

If you do come back .....

APOLOGIZE TO JAMBON!"

People at the chronicle forum know about my beliefs and they don't say these things.

The Deification of the Pope

I officially apologize, Alice. As you may have surmised, my radar is perennially set on El D'ceiver's wavelength. Sometimes I think I see his damnable schemes everywhere.

You are young, so I will take this liberty to advise you to do what I had to learn the hard way:

Question everything. Question everyone. Even your boss. Even God.

BTW -- the only Jehovah's Witness I have ever known personally was a really sweet person I used to work with. She got a little ditzy during pregnancy -- but other than that I never suspected brainwashing...
    ------------------

Just about anyone at the chronicle forum would see nothing but sheer insanity >here< as would most people. Try posting the stuff you post here on Houston Belief and watch what happens.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good grief

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

jambon1 said:

Having been out of the organisation for over 4 years and having finally released my kids from the hellish existance that is life as a JW, it struck me today how enjoyable our weekends are in comparison to when we were JW's.

The weekends are vital for us just now. My wife doesn't work but I work full time from very early in the morning. I don't get to see my beutiful children in the morning during the week. When I get home I have a bit time to spend with my wife or doing other chores around the house & then the kids roll in from school. Homework, dinner, bath time, next days lunch making, grass cutting, plant watering, & it's bed time again.

Friday-Sunday is such a welcome change from that. Don't get me wrong, I love my work & I love our Mon-Fri routine. But it is taxing. It's tiring.

Friday is a fun day. We stay up late & have chocolate fondue. We lie in for a while on a Saturday and I enjoy morning cuddles from my wee kids. I cook breakfast & then we go out for the day which is lovely in this warm sunny Scottish weather . On a Saturday night I feel no pressure to be in bed early so we have some drinks & treat the kids to a late night & some TV.

On a Sunday we have a nice relaxing day & we treat our kids if we can afford it. In the morning they like to watch cartoons.

When we were witnesses, a Friday was so utterly depressing. Knowing that we would have to haul our ass around the doors with 2 small infants who were just wanting to run around mad but were trussed up in f***ing dresses & suits. At 3 years old! Even worse, you would have to validate your families spirituality by making sure that the kids would do a presentation or something at the arrangement. At 3 years old!

The rest of the day was spent in the shadow of the upcoming early rise of Sunday morning to once again get trussed up like a turkey & head off to the Kingdom grill to have your sorry ass exposed as a shithouse of a christian who needed to do more, more, more! And hell mind you if the entire families Watchtowers hadn't been studied & marked up! Sitting all shy, not wanting to answer so that the microphone prince wouldn't see that you hadn't bothered your arse to study the healing words of mother!

If you were a real sluggard then you would leave the hall without going out on 'the work' because your kids are tired already & also hungry. How you would punish yourself on the way home as a useless shithouse of a family head because you wanted to eat your lunch in relative freedom, outwith the judgemental eye of your fellow miserable sunday ministry arrangement-goers. Even worse you might want to spend the rest of sunday in some sort of sinful 'recreation' such as sandcastle making with your kids on the local beach.

How times have changed for me. I love my weekends now & I truely make 'each day count'.

I love my life now & I can clearly see that my kids are happy too.

Jehovah's Witnesses deprive children of a proper childhood in my opinion. It's criminal.

When your children are all grown up, that time is gone. Lost forever.

Jehovah's Witnesses - Do you make 'each day count' for you and your family?

• yknot
    yknot

Deleted....in appreciation of Wannabefree's timely admonishment!

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

yknot you know what you know because at one time maybe you came to an accurate knowledge of truth. It's not possible for me to know that for sure. You and blondie are kind of fear inspiring.

For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

It would be better off for your sake if you did not come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. Of how much more severe a punishment, do you think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? For we know him that said: “Vengeance is mine; I will recompense”; and again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God. Hebrews 10:26-31

You keep transforming yourself into a minister of righteousness.

Now what I am doing I will still do, that I may cut off the pretext from those who are wanting a pretext for being found equal to us in the office of which they boast. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bringing it back to the topic...again

jambon1 said:

Having been out of the organisation for over 4 years and having finally released my kids from the hellish existance that is life as a JW, it struck me today how enjoyable our weekends are in comparison to when we were JW's.

The weekends are vital for us just now. My wife doesn't work but I work full time from very early in the morning. I don't get to see my beutiful children in the morning during the week. When I get home I have a bit time to spend with my wife or doing other chores around the house & then the kids roll in from school. Homework, dinner, bath time, next days lunch making, grass cutting, plant watering, & it's bed time again.

Friday-Sunday is such a welcome change from that. Don't get me wrong, I love my work & I love our Mon-Fri routine. But it is taxing. It's tiring.

Friday is a fun day. We stay up late & have chocolate fondue. We lie in for a while on a Saturday and I enjoy morning cuddles from my wee kids. I cook breakfast & then we go out for the day which is lovely in this warm sunny Scottish weather . On a Saturday night I feel no pressure to be in bed early so we have some drinks & treat the kids to a late night & some TV.

On a Sunday we have a nice relaxing day & we treat our kids if we can afford it. In the morning they like to watch cartoons.

When we were witnesses, a Friday was so utterly depressing. Knowing that we would have to haul our ass around the doors with 2 small infants who were just wanting to run around mad but were trussed up in f***ing dresses & suits. At 3 years old! Even worse, you would have to validate your families spirituality by making sure that the kids would do a presentation or something at the arrangement. At 3 years old!

The rest of the day was spent in the shadow of the upcoming early rise of Sunday morning to once again get trussed up like a turkey & head off to the Kingdom grill to have your sorry ass exposed as a shithouse of a christian who needed to do more, more, more! And hell mind you if the entire families Watchtowers hadn't been studied & marked up! Sitting all shy, not wanting to answer so that the microphone prince wouldn't see that you hadn't bothered your arse to study the healing words of mother!

If you were a real sluggard then you would leave the hall without going out on 'the work' because your kids are tired already & also hungry. How you would punish yourself on the way home as a useless shithouse of a family head because you wanted to eat your lunch in relative freedom, outwith the judgemental eye of your fellow miserable sunday ministry arrangement-goers. Even worse you might want to spend the rest of sunday in some sort of sinful 'recreation' such as sandcastle making with your kids on the local beach.

How times have changed for me. I love my weekends now & I truely make 'each day count'.

I love my life now & I can clearly see that my kids are happy too.

Jehovah's Witnesses deprive children of a proper childhood in my opinion. It's criminal.

When your children are all grown up, that time is gone. Lost forever.

Jehovah's Witnesses - Do you make 'each day count' for you and your family?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When my Ex returned to the hall, the weekends spent "as a family" quickly became few and far between. Saturday was service morning, so no together time until she and the kids returned after lunch with the "friends". Sunday was get up, get primped and ready for meeting, there was no time the entire morning that wasn't about the meeting. Better skip that morning cup of coffee, because bathroom time was at a premium until they left for the Kingdom Hall! When they got back after lunch, there was Sunday morning gone. Then there's Assembly weekends: more of the same, but change "after lunch" to "dinner time". So even though I was no part of the organization, it still controlled the weekend schedule by making it hard to have any kind of a full-day event. Nothing was as important as the Watchtower!

• besty
    besty

great post jambon1 - we feel the same - been gone for 3 years now and we don;t have the Thursday night sweats anymore :-)

my only prayer for your children is that you do the right thing and bring them in the true faith - www.rangers.co.uk

• penny2
    penny2
    my only prayer for your children is that you do the right thing and bring them in the true faith

You had me worried there for a minute, besty....

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Jambon 1,

I enjoyed the picture of your weekend with the family. My boys are grown now but I cherish the Saturday mornings when they'd both crawl in bed with us and discuss all the things on their minds. They did this even when they were big strapping lads in their late teens. We never made them go out in Service. I felt guilty about it at the time but it never stopped me. I grew up as a Witness and didn't want my kids to be forced into doing things they didn't fully understand or secretly didn't want to do. I did however have them sitting through meetings and those long assemblies wearing suits and ties since they were toddlers. We never understood the need for this but we went along with it. Looking back I realize it was part of the Societies "image" conciousness. Wanting to impress onlookers with an outward appearance that lent them more credibility to the organization I suppose.

You are so right when you realize how quickly their childhoods go by. If you are the father you seem to be and are reasonable with the kids as they get older, and don't shame or punish them for saying outloud what they really feel, you shoudn't have any troube getting through the teen years. Guilt and hiding secrets does so much damage. So many of our friends who did all the things that the society recommended or reqired had big problems with their kids later. One day they were at the meeting and the next they'd have flown the coop and had wound up in some crazy situations.We let our boys be on the school teams and go to the dances ( one was Homecomming King) and I always did a little someting special on their birthday. We didn't advertize any of this because for obvious reasons, but today our boys have their heads screwed on straight and have a mixture of "worldly and Witness " friends and have chosen their own path. One son still attends and is regular in service and that's fine with me. They tell me that of the two groups, the Witness kids tend to be the most seriously screwed up. They have seen binge drinking and use of drugs at Witness gatherings wheras the other group don't seem to be as over the top about this. Which is the opposite of what we were always told.

To this day I still am elated that I don't have to come home from work, get cleaned up, put on a suit and tie and sit through the same old format of the meetings. Toward the end they had begun to feel more like attending a funeral to me rather than the refreshment of spirit they claimed them to be. Too much time dwelling on how right they are and how wrong other religions are. The steady diet of doom and gloom, dire warnings, overcomming objections and the heaping on of more "works" took its toll on my well being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit