The Jehovahs Witness family weekend

by jambon1 82 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This morning I helped someone move. Compared to getting up and going out in service, it was heaven. 7 hours of moving > 2 hours of field service.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"great post jambon1 - we feel the same - been gone for 3 years now and we don;t have the Thursday night sweats anymore :-)

my only prayer for your children is that you do the right thing and bring them in the true faith - www.rangers.co.uk"

Ah.....I see. I bet you didn't order the $3 CD (as you instructed me to do) from the “insider who was an eyewitness to deceit” (Barbara Anderson) when you were enjoying Thursday night sweats.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/194680/1/Ted-Jaracz-the-Cardinal-Ratzinger-of-Jehovahs-Witnesses

This women obviously has a fan base from those with an appetite for tabloid JW sensationalism. I don't soak up this information like a mindless sponge, let alone pay any money for unconfirmed conjecture that's full of holes. Sorry for the off topic response, but things come to mind as I get to know folks on this eccentric discussion board.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure that many of us felt the same way when we were witnesses. If people like that sort of life then no doubt they will continue to be witnesses. I just detected that so many JW's were absolutely fed up individuals. Fed up of an extreemly taxing routine while at the same time being kicked in the balls every time you went to the meeting for not doing enough. Crazy.

I encourage everyone to cherish their kids & spend as many fun times with them as possible. They're no kids for long!

PS - Besty - HHGH

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Bye then and don't let the door hit'cha in your big fat ass on the way out."

What makes you think I'm fat? Word to the wise: Date sooner7nc as getting your ass kicked by some wife-beater is what women want.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah, welcome to the real "paradise" brother......weekends off, with the family.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I don't mean to be out of order here but can everyone just ignore the attention seeking poster and let the thread die.

The on topic comments have been excellent. Thanks.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"I don't mean to be out of order here but can everyone just ignore the attention seeking poster and let the thread die.

The on topic comments have been excellent. Thanks."

Attention seeking poster? Many times it seems I can't challenge an argument here without getting attacked by a bunch of rabid dogs. Backtrack and read the posts jambon1 to ascertain who really through your initial topic off track. Not naming names, but some forum users here don't have the intellectual honesty or courtesy of domestic animals let alone qualify as human beings.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Jambon, after reading this, another thing came to mind about weekends:

Attention seeking poster? Many times it seems I can't challenge an argument here without getting attcked by a bunch of rabid dogs. Backtrack and read the posts jambon 1 to ascertain who really through your initial topic off track. Not naming names, but some forum users here don't have the intellectual honesty or courtesy of domestic animals let alone qualify as human beings.

Right now, I am going back to college...at 58 years old. So, weekends are usually filled now with reading and learning such interesting things. Right now, I am taking Abnormal Psychology. How fascinating is has been to read about Phobias, Depression, etc.

One interesting mental condition is Narcissistic personality disorder,characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance and a lack of empaty. There is "grandiosity" and self-absorption in fantasies of unlimited success, power, and/or beauty, and a need for constant admiration. People with narcissistic personality disorder use a less stringent standard for evaluating themselves than for judging others. Criticism, the indifference of others, and threats to self-esteem are met with responses of rage, shame, or humiliation.

Thank you for letting me review for my upcoming test. Some "telling" comments on your thread just made me think of this information.

P.S. After taking many English courses, I should also point out that the correct spelling s/b threw...as in "threw your initial post off track." Ah....Education is freeing....!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For me, it wasn't just the weekend. Prior to becoming a witless, my work schedule was busy during the weekends. I would work all nights on Friday and Saturday night, and between Friday through Sunday I would work 26 hours. My weekly cap was 40, as they were too cheap to pay the extra money for more than that. This meant that I could only work a maximum of 14 hours during the week, and they would usually give me three 4-hour days and one day off during the week.

This meant my open time was during the week. I could get home on Sunday night, and play with my Commodore 64, listen to or compile music, relax, or do whatever else needed to be done. It was easy, because a 4 hour shift was no big deal. When I got the day totally off, I would take a day walk to an arcade about 8 miles away--good exercise. True, my weekends were shot, but I had plenty of time when everyone else was busy working.

Now, throw in being a witless. Now, every time I got a nice block of time, they would confiscate it. Because I could fit in 2-2 1/2 hours of field circus during the afternoon, they expected that. They even wanted me going out in the morning--and would expect it if I had a boasting session and they knew I had the night off. That basically ate up those times to do anything fun, and everything stagnated. Only the weekends were relatively untouched--especially Saturday. There was still a big fat boasting session on Sunday, which they expected me to attend, that disrupted any chance of getting reasonable sleep that day.

These days, my work schedule is not quite as polarized. A work day is now consistently 8 hours (actually, all nights). Tuesday nights into Wednesday mornings, and Thursday nights into Friday mornings, are now generally the open times in my week. The witlesses could fill in those times with the Tuesday evening boasting session, field circus all afternoon Tuesday and Thursday, field circus all morning and most of the afternoon Wednesday and Friday, Family Waste the Evening night Thursday evening, and the Sunday boasting session. Which would kill all spare time--what a waste.

• debator
    debator

It is interesting on these threads to see how little objectiveness is apparent. All witnesses apparently have joyless weekends and drag there kids out on the ministery for 9 hours each day on the saturday and sunday. And not being a witness means perfect parents that take there kids out on special fun-filled day trips and they all bond as a family.

Meeting - ministry in reality. I see kids enjoying meetings and answering up at their own volition as well as enjoying seeing regular friends they know in the congregation. Ministry is only a couple of hours and allows for a relax in the park afterwards sometimes there is a group get-together of families and a footie game. Some kids get restless but thats kids, same thing will happen if you take a 3 year old to a movie. Attention span comes with age and schooling.

For me one of the noticiable plusses is the sheer associations and friendships. Involved dinner invites and a shared love of Jehovah. Children enjoy playing together and not having a childhood spent parked by the parents at a computer, Wii or playstation as you can see in non-witness familes.

Or watching non-witness Dad and mum leave them with babysitters so they can have their saturday party night out and screaming at the kids to be quiet on sunday till midday as they nurse their hangovers.

I say objectivity means beware of appeal to emotion exploitative generalities like the op's initial post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit