Had any Dreams Lately you Want to Share ? What Meanings do you Get ?

by flipper 98 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Frankie - I can be quite absentminded when I'm caught up in my own thoughts/writing. I do also tend to forget about things in the past - in the sense that I dismiss a problem once it has been solved. I can be forgetful with things and events, but not really with people. And yet there are times that I drive away from somewhere, and then take a fast/hard glance in the rearview mirror just to make sure my kids are actually in the car too. (I've never forgotten them before, just so everyone knows this LOL)

Tammy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tec,

Maybe your worrying too much about forgeting them?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I had a dream this week that left me thinking "Wonder what this means " . I was on a vacation and shopping in cute little shops along the street . One shop had a winding staircase up to the second level to a tailors shop . While browsing in there I noticed a gay man trying on a very fine shirt ,but he needed to be sewn into it ( for some reason no buttons ) I volunteer to sew him in ......and at first he is very nice giving me compliments for helping out and for my sewing ability . But then things start going wrong ...the thread is too thick and leaving marks in the fabric ..I try over and over and it is just not working ...he starts belittleing me terribly .......His partners looks at me and says "Why do you always do this to yourself ???" and I say "Because I want people to like me ,I guess ..." Then I admit I really don't want to waste my time on this anymore .and I go find the tailor to help this guy out ,and I go on my way satisfied I did what I could ......

Weird huh ???? I do believe I understand the dream somewhat . My take on it is I really do tend to be a people pleaser ,and put others before myself ,,but I am learning set limits.

• tec
    tec

Frankie - You know, I actually think that I worry about neglecting them, which is kind of similar to forgetting them. Maybe that's what its all about.

Tammy

• flipper
    flipper

TEC- In my opinion the dreams about your son being a " dead skeleton " or ALMOST dead by drowning indicates you must have an inner fear of death. Perhaps more so than others - is this true ? Have you lost close relatives in death or ALMOST lost them in real life ? Just curious. And the dream where you had to leave one son behind to help the other might indicate you are being torn in two different directions in your affections towards someone in your waking life. It might indicate stress from being pulled in different directions by people close to you in life also ! Just a thought.

FRANKIESPEAKIN- I'll have to read some of Jung's books on dreams . Sounds interesting. I've just read Frederick Perls books on the subject.

SERENITY NOW- The fact that your bullets just bounce off your pursuers might not be all that dangerous. In waking life it might mean that you just can't get your THOUGHTS across to perhaps JW relatives or former friends. The bullets could represent your thoughts you're trying to get across- but it just bounces off them because they are cult mind controlled. Just my thought on it. I'm glad your depression is doing better. Hang in there, it takes time. Be kind to yourself- don't expect too much, too soon. The further you are out of the cult - the happier and more peaceful inside you will become. And along the way you'll gain more confidence and courage to move on in life ! Keep on, keeping on friend ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cult classic
    cult classic

ok guys I have two more.

These are recurring dreams that have lessened in frequency over the years.

dream 1) My teeth break/crack/crumble and I am trying to keep them in my mouth. I am usually talking to someone or trying to get something done in the dream.

dream 2) Someone is touching and putting pressure on the front of my neck and while it doesn't hurt, it is intimidating and very irritating. Once again I am usually trying to talk or get something done while this is happening.

What do ya' think?

• flipper
    flipper

TROUBLED MIND- VERY interesting dream It seems like a split type of situation has happened to you in this dream. Whether it duplicates what happened in your waking life- only you know. Here's how I see it. It seems that in your dream that things were going very well with the gentleman until he started belittling you ! So to me it shows me that you have had good, close relationships, either friends or family- yet those relationships get disturbed when you've been belittled in your life in certain instances. Try thinking of the times in your life when things seemed to be going well- yet you were surprised when someone started belittling you ! Think about your past, your childhood, teen years, anything. This dream is trying to send you a message. It's up to you to see where it fits in your life. Have you been belittled before , then felt like giving up ? Think about it

• flipper
    flipper

CULT CLASSIC- Bizarrely enough I think your 1st dream has a lot to do with the 2nd dream. We all need our teeth to talk actually, right ? Otherwise we are just mumbling like an old toothless man or woman. So the fact that the person is holding pressure against your neck to me indicates he or she is trying to CONTROL you or your words or thoughts so you can't speak your mind. Thus the cracking teeth. The cracking teeth are just a symptom of the more serious issue here- SOMEONE is trying to control you . And yes, it is VERY intimidating and irritating when someone tries to control us ! I mean, just look at all of us here on the board- part of WHY we left the witnesses was to NOT be controlled anymore . So what do you think of my take ? LOL ! Just my 2 cents

• cult classic
    cult classic

Flipper - Wowsers! I think that makes perfect sense. They have probably lessened in intensity b/c of our leaving the borg and not putting up with crap anymore. I'm glad I posted those. I thought about them the other day and was telling my husband I hadn't had them in a while. When I saw the thread BTT, I was like "I'm gonna ask about these on flipper's thread." ... lol

I like this thread.

• flipper
    flipper

CULT CLASSIC- Interesting ! Well I'm glad I may have been close to what you were thinking as well ! It is amazing isn't it the positive feelings we get once we have escaped being controlled from the JW cult ? It's like a new lease on life ! I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. I thought it might be a fun thread for everybody. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit