Why did you leave the 'Organization'?

by XPeterX 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Didn't want to be subjugated, didn't agree with their interpretation of scripture, and I needed a College education to 'get a good job at a good company' (Mom's instructions).

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I realized a long time ago that the so called love they promote and spew is a lie, it's conditional and 90% or more of their doctrine is made up and not based on the bible. Of course I have no idea how to quantify that assumption but that's how I feel and that's all the matters!

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Lack of love from fellow members.

• Girlie
    Girlie

It was a waste of my time.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Jadeen you have spoken the truth.I rarely get any phone calls or anything like that from brothers.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No love. I liked my school friends better than the kids my age at the KH. My school friends were better people. I wanted to go to college. I had no desire to marry a JW and live the life that they expect women to live. I did not believe what they were teaching anymore. I realized it was false and weird.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I know, XPeterX, the only time that some people would talk to me was if I had missed a couple of meetings.

They would be all nosey about where I was! Then they would go back to ignoring me.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

the pedophilia, UN, 607 and other scandals and cover-ups.

I don't believe that these scandals are real.

By real, you surely mean "significant" and not "real" right? I mean, they ARE real so belief doesn't really enter into it. You can think they are minimal or unimportant but you can't reall retain any credibility and claim they're fake/false. Pedophelia DOES exist in the Borg and is covered up, the WT WAS an NGO member of the UN, and 607 IS a FALSE date for the destruction of Jerusalem. Might not be important to you but not "real?"

Really?

Maybe I just don't get your sense of humor.

• debator
    debator

Yes pedophilia exists everywhere, worldwide including among witnesses (Jews had laws addressing this very topic showing God expected it to happen among his people and for it to be dealt with). But accusations of coverups are from unproven biased sources.

Jehovahs witnesses were NGO's of the Department of Information for the UN. This is not a wrongdoing Paul was also a Roman citizen.

607 is only false if you say the is bible in error and consider one secular source more accurate.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Titus,

The UN association is undeniable.

607 is NOT the date for the destruction of Jerusalem.

Pedophilia is not properly dealt with, because bodies of elders are not qualified to deal with these types of issue, how can builders and window cleaners deal with such potent emotional issues?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit