Why did you leave the 'Organization'?

by XPeterX 91 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

.... I am still physically in.... (keep this in mind if the gallons of kool-aid sometimes cause me to sound overly 'apologist')

I became conscious after I accidently click onto JWN (then called JWD) instead of the WT's main site.

Being allowed to be honest with my frustrations and the many kind and wonderful posters who offered PDFs of older material allowed me to examine all things.

Reading the pubs and seeing how exactly our present day interpretations were formed was a huge eye opener.......

No regrets, better to walk in the light rather than stumbling around in darkness

• White Dove
    White Dove

There is one other scripture about by their fruits you will know they are Jesus' disciples. Pharisee fruits tasted bitter

• onemore
    onemore

I'm basically still in... But debating on whether I’ll be better off leaving the Borg completely or sticking around to make my loved ones life’s a little easier (you know...socially).

but I can't take the lies, but mainly the authoritarian attitude, (in all honesty, I don’t care if they keep 607, 1914 and the GB…as long as they let us live our lives and exercise our free will).

If the GB were to: the Blood issue a conscience matter, don’t dissfellowship people for disagreeing with the GB, stop demonizing “higher education”, put an end to the shunning policy, and let the bro/sis handle “pedophilia cases” in accordance to the law of the land.

I’ll see no need for ME to drop out of the Borg.

If keeping my family together will require to hand in a “time report”, I won’t mind reporting 1 to 5 hrs a month of field circus.

If keeping my family together will require to go to the meetings, I won’t mind going every Sunday to the KH and “read” a response from the WT study.

After all...is all about Appearances....

• yknot
    yknot

Blood is a MOC ...... but like voting and military service it is an action of Auto-DA.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Because I can read.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Physically I left due to the array of man's rules passed off as being God's laws. Then I mentally left after the 1914 generation blunder. I then investigated 1914 and saw it was all a fairytale, but pivotal to the orgs self-proclaimed authority. Then I investigated their man-made rules- such as birthdays and holidays and realized it was control to keeps its members different and make them not fit in with outsiders and had no biblical basis whatsoever. That was just the tip of the iceberg though.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

It was a slow accumulation of unanswered questions over a number of years. For years, I just kept pushing these issues aside, using thought-stopping techniques such as "where else would I go?"

For better or worse, I have a logical mind and little tolerance for B.S. Not surprisingly, this made swallowing the anti-science, anti-progress, bigoted fundamentalism dished out at the Kingdom Hall quite challenging at times. Eventually, the cognitive dissonance became too much, and I decided to really dig into the Bible. The main issue to me was the faithful and discreet slave. Specifically, does that parable give the Watchtower Society the power to make rules (over and above what is set forth in the Bible) for Christians?

I simply dug into the Bible itself, reading the scriptures in context. The more I read, the more I realized that the Watchtower Society's authority structure was built on a house of cards. When I mentioned some of my concerns to Witness associates, they recoiled in fear, using the "apostate" epithet. This further convinced me that I was on to something. Why would members of a so-called Christian group have such a visceral reaction to a fellow believer digging into the scriptures? It reminded me of the Catholic Church of the Middle Ages.

So, to answer the question posed, I suppose the reason I left the organization was that, from reading the Bible and WTS publications, I became convinced that it did not represent the "faithful and discreet slave" of Matt. 24 and Luke 12. In fact, I realized that the FDS doctrine was a transparent power grab.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

I left after assembly where the speaker arrogantly announced if Armageddon came that day only the 8,000 (JWs) would be alive in our State. Then I started my research and found 607 lie, NGO, lie upon lie and ever changing history to keep a GB as God's mouthpiece. Will never belong to any organized religion, just work on my personal relationship with a Creator and show love to all as humanly possible.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The longer I served in Bethel, the more problems I could see with the organization, the people leading it, and the things being taught.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I just decided enough was enough !

Cult Classic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit