Why did you leave the 'Organization'?

by XPeterX 91 Replies latest jw friends

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

The bloody blood doctrine bothered me too much. The way they misinterpreted scriptures to fit their beliefs was sickening to me. Once I figured that out, I started doing research on great websites.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I was growing old waiting for Jehovah's celestial chariot to keep up with me.

• Scully
    Scully

because there was more wrong with the organization than there was right.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The Theocratic Treadmill was too tedious, and I no longer believed the supporting premise for it.

• aquagirl
  • aquagirl
    aquagirl

I considered it "bad association".

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

because my soul was hurting

my spirit was crying out to me~~ 'WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO YOURSELF, WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU LIVING FOR? FOR THE FUTURE THAT I CANT QUITE EVER SEEM TO TOUCH? EVERYTHING IS SO HYPOTHETICAL. WHY ARE THERE CREEPS STILL ROAMING ABOUT? WHY DO I FEEL THAT ALL THIS SACRIFICE IS IN VAIN? I KNOW I AM SINCERE, SO WHY DOES THIS NOT FEEL GOOD ANYMORE? WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO KEEP BELIEVING ALL THE TIME? I WANT TO BREATHE! I WANT TO BE ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS! I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO TEACH ALL THESE INTRICATE RULES AND THOUGHT PROCESSES TO MY BEAUTIFUL FAERIES! I DONT BELONG HERE ANYMORE! I WANT OUT! I WANT TO DANCE (metaphorically and literally both)

• Robert7
    Robert7

For me it wasn't any one 'thing', but there was the last straw.

First of all, in hindsight I was turning Atheist without knowing it directly, and I had a strong buildup of doubt and issues (dissonance) that caused me to snap.

The last major issue was the worship of the Governing Body. Every prayer, every WT article would talk about the GB, and I had major issues with it.

The final 'straw' was one service meeting, and someone made a comment about the JW's persecution in Nazi Germany, something I had a problem with, since relatively speaking very few JW's died (a few thousand versus 6 million Jews), and I just snapped. That comment made my mind finally realize this is all crap. That night I went home and researched if JW's ever became Atheist, and that's where I found JWD. So I never had any 'apostate' influence until after I mentall left the cult.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Jesus gave exactly ONE sign of those that were his TRUE followers: "the love they have among themselves" John 13:34,35

Been to a KH lately?

There is no love. Just lying, backbiting, control and slander........... and thats just the elders.

I walked. Never going back.

1 Cor. 13:1

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

A lot of stuff doesn't make sense that they teach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit