Why did you leave the 'Organization'?

by XPeterX 91 Replies latest jw friends

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

No love, too many messed up JW families.

I didn't understand why Jesus would pick the organization in 1918 or why the group got a start in the late 1800s. Once I looked into the history and beliefs, stumbled across Beth Sarim, 1925, 1975 and the treatment of the brothers, there was no turning back.

This recent generation change was the final straw. Why does God use his Holy Spirit to misdirect people with all these dates and keep changing what Jesus evidently meant when talking about "this generation." 3 times in 15 years is a bit much.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Lies, hypocrisy, cruelty.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was the Bullshit..

There was always one more bucket of WBT$ Bullshit to swallow..

Whats for Dinner?..

WBT$ BullShit!..Sometimes it has a Kernel of Corn in it!!..

Yum Yum!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I left because my standard of righteousness was higher than theirs.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I can't recall a time when I didn't think that the JW religion was just a fruity little club with delusions of grandeur.

I finally grew the balls to leave after having a very tramatic death in the family. I knew right then that I was finally going to do things differently.

• wobble
    wobble

I left because the Governing Body demanded loyalty and worship be given to them , instead of to Jesus Christ.

• Resistance is Futile
  • safireblu64
    safireblu64

I was raised in it, I was even a RP, considered a "pillar" , but when I was 19 I started to see things, and then when I was 25 I offically left. Here are some reasons why:

copy and paste scriptures (scriptures applied completely out of context or made to apply to something it didn't originally even point to and used that as excuses for their doctrines), couldn't make sense of their reasonings because they just didn't make sense, beth-sarim, the holier than thou attitude that every witness carried and not only carried but taught their children, the fact that they have their own bible that is somehow more superior and "right" than any other bible out there, the whole superiority complex of being the "right" religion and the "righteous that will inherit the earth" and the only ones whose prayers God hears, Christ somehow only died for Witnesses and the GB, the identifying mark of "love" that is anything but Christ-like but is 100% conditional, judging others, comparing themselves to others, condemning others, forcing themselves on people's doorsteps or in their personal space like on the street or in their cars and then calling it persecution when they are not welcomed and people are offended by their ridiculous behaviour, when people covering up wrong-doing of elders but exploiting the wrong doing of all the inferiors, constant refusal to be accountable for making false predicitions and instead saying "we never said that", always trying to cover their ass, manipulating others, controlling the lives of millions, constant fear tactics, the guilt trips, the 1914 boohocky, the 144,000, The loyalty to the GB, never doubt the GB, absolutely never look at apostate literature, brothers can't have goatees because it's worldly, can't say bless you when you sneeze, can't make toasts (at functions) can't sing the national anthem only kingdom melodies, can't celebrate mothers day or fathers day or birthdays because that is exaulting oneself over the other, yet they go out and exault themselves over EVERY other Religion out there... HYPOCRACY and convenient scripture application much?? oh gosh need I go on?

SOOOOO glad I am out, 4 years this June 19th. Gonna have me a party!!!

• d
    d

I could not stand the level of control over my life.

• blondie
    blondie

I did not want to be part of their sins:

"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit