Ted Jaracz - the Cardinal Ratzinger of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Dogpatch 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Jakes
    Jim Jakes

Nothing concrete yet, but this is really interesting...

https://jwsurvey.org/news/governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-named-as-defendants-in-child-abuse-lawsuits

According to court documents filed on behalf of Nicholson’s daughters, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses harbored a known child molester from 1974 to 2010. Attorneys for Hagan and Bird state:

“Additionally, upon information and belief, a known child molester was appointed to the Governing Body in 1974, and he controlled Watchtower Defendants’ database of molesters, policies toward their judicial cases, and non-reporting to authorities until his death in 2010”

The Governing Body member referred to is Theodore “Ted” Jaracz. It is unclear whether the law firm of Bochetto and Lentz will present physical documentation to substantiate the allegations against Jaracz.

• sir82
    sir82

It is unclear whether the law firm of Bochetto and Lentz will present physical documentation to substantiate

the allegations against Jaracz.

If they do, it would be earth-shattering to many GB-worshipping JWs, most of whom still remember Jaracz.

Not that "earth-shattering" would cause them to leave, of course ("where else would we go?"), but it would certainly exacerbate the apathy and malaise permeating many if not most congregations.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not that "earth-shattering" would cause them to leave, of course ("where else would we go?")

FAKE NEWS!

Even lies and persecution from Satan and his hordes !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s all coming out now! Mark 4:22

• wozza
    wozza
    APieceOfShitNamedTate 6 hours ago

In 1972, the Watchtower Society sent a directive to its Bodies of Elders saying they need not delete as fellow elders those who confessed to having committed pedophilia provided "several years" (later defined to 2-3 years) had passed and they appeared to still be enjoying "Jehovah's blessing," meaning their pedophilia had not become widely known beyond the other elders of the Watchtower Society.

Is there a copy of this directive anywhere online?

I don't have exactly what you ask for but the following scans of a British Bethel letter show the attitude and policies of the WTS toward pedo elders etc in the early 2000's

Hope this helps in some way

having trouble uploading image

• zeb
    zeb
    • WT hardliners are without doubt not subject to the daily disciplines of having to go to work
    • Not having to face traffic
    • pay therefore for all the vehicle costs and the stresses of parking
    • face ever rising cost of living
    • have to deal with insecure employment and employers wims
    • living with a dark cloud of fear over not being able to meet the mortgage and there dispossession.
    • they do not have children, they dont have the night of sickness so never have disturbed sleep then having to face daily the above
    • so they dont face the harping criticism by the self righteous class for every facet they engage in child rearing
    • they dont have to face their kids being bullied and assaulted at schools due to their proclamations and predictions
    • They do not even have neighbours in any normal social sense as they live in a wt monastery
    • they do have extended privilege with parking, hotels, airline travel, their housekeeping done, their meals cooked, they do live like grandees and in the disbelief they are chosen of God
    • they are in fact institutionalized
    • they do afflict on the jw masses their interpretation ever changing of rules to live by as modern day pharisees.
    • they have had a now notorious history being revealed, the CARC and inquiries in other countries
    • they will expect the masses to close ranks ever further against anyone who says, "Hey, wait a minute" and to fund them at every call with no accounting for where the funds go.
    • despite denials they will go on the the policy of shunning with scant regard to its destruction of families.

There is coming hard and fast a day of reckoning for them the wts in all its variety and the GB.

I thank the legislature of New York for the recent re opening of the opportunity for victims to pursue justice and COMPENSATION whereby the victims can seek professional care on going and life reconstruction (education) as little enough for the abuses suffered.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If they can prove that Ted Jaracz was removed from the Australian Bethel due to molestation, it will be dynamite.

His legacy lives on and if that legacy was instituted by a known abuser the Governing Body will have nowhere to hide.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember seeing an interview with Barbra Anderson where she stayed that Ted Jaraz was removed from Australia because of abusing kids

• Corney
    Corney

“Additionally, upon information and belief, a known child molester was appointed to the Governing Body in 1974, and he controlled Watchtower Defendants’ database of molesters, policies toward their judicial cases, and non-reporting to authorities until his death in 2010”

information and belief

used in legal proceedings to qualify a statement and prevent a claim of perjury. A person making a statement based on information and belief often lacks personal knowledge as to the statement but has a belief that the information is correct. In effect, the person is saying, "I am only stating what I have been told, and I believe it."

Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary

That familiar formula ["information and belief"]… can mean as little as “on rumor”

The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

I think it's unlikely the lawyers have any "physical documentation". What is interesting is whether the court will order discovery on these allegations (i.e., order Watchtower to produce the relevant documents in its possession).

• fulano
    fulano

Jaracz abusing menors? I didnt know he had feelings nor emotions? We were with them on the morning worship taboe once in 1999. What a negative couple... :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit