Ted Jaracz - the Cardinal Ratzinger of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Dogpatch 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

The important thing is Shamus: David Hasselhoff is back!

Actually, I agree with sir82. "Alice" is no newbie. Didn't she say on another thread (in response to why she was on here), that she "had some unfinished business??

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes.... David is back. And I am excited for you and the Days Of Our Lives...

Soon you will be fully enveloped in the day to day drama.... seedy, yet charasmatic. Vengeful, yet princely....

The twists... the turns...

And have a bowl of Miracle Wheaties whilst you watch, love. It'll help you to get back to 'da truuf'.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I didn't give her my real one Shamus! Geez, you think I am an amatuer. She won't talk to me, my email is blocked I guess.

• StAnn
    StAnn

David? Didn't know him. I think it's Reniaa.

StAnn

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ALICE!

please answer my previous post questions ...

oz

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    "Alice" is no newbie. Didn't she say on another thread (in response to why she was on here), that she "had some unfinished business??

Mary, reniaa liked ignoring me, and had a grudge against you.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

ALICE AKA RENIAA

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Alice.in.wonderland, I saw you yesterday!!!! You are that homeless woman who escaped from the mental ward. You were sleeping on Market St last night. Why not go to the shelter?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am always disturbed to see someone minimizing a rape by claiming a difference between pederasty and pedophilia, and wonder what sort of human being would even make such a remark.

And then I wonder how I could possibly be of the same species as such a being.

He even ordered the Watch Tower Society's factory not to print the April 8, 1992 Awake!, but was overruled by the second-in-command of the Writing Department, John Barr, when Barry was out of the country and could not intervene.

Randy, would you clarify this--do you mean Teddy was overruled when he was out of town? Thanks

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AIW said:

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses but I'm not attending meetings atm. I'm off to bed but I'll be back on tomorrow.

My reply:

ATM= at the moment, one of Reniaa's favorite expressions

reniaaRe: JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites? posted 10 months ago (7/24/2009)

Post 2063 of 2397
    Since 3/11/2008

reniaaRe: Re: The Spanking Room: A Child's Eye View of the Jehovah Witnesses posted ~ a year ago (10/8/2008)

Post 454 of 2397
    Since 3/11/2008

While I simpathise with the author I still find these type of things misleading as if to say spanking was unique to witnesses and not an accepted practise of the times! given the authors age he was still young when corporal punishment was freely practised in most schools only getting banned in the 80's (yes you could still get smacked by a teacher at school) I can remember mostly boys going to the headteacher to get caned and then it was banned.

It is hard to look at this sort of stuff and see it was just the times we lived in, Dr spock wrote a contraversial book that was finally embraced

In 1946, Spock published his book The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care, which became a bestseller. By 1998 it had sold more than 50 million copies. It has been translated into 39 languages. Later he wrote three more books about parenting.

Spock advocated ideas about parenting that were, at the time, considered out of the mainstream. Over time, his books helped to bring about a major change, if not a reversal, in the opinions of those who considered themselves to be the experts. Previously, experts had told parents that babies needed to learn to sleep on a regular schedule, and that picking them up and holding them whenever they cried would only teach them to cry more and not to sleep through the night (a notion that borrows from behaviorism). They were told to feed their children on a regular schedule, and that they should not pick them up, kiss them, or hug them, because that would not prepare them to be strong and independent individuals in a harsh world. Spock encouraged parents to see their children as individuals, and not to apply a one-size-fits all philosophy to them

but by the same token he advocated laying babies on there stomach and was hugely influential on the medical profession and parents with this, probably one of the major factors towards still births caused.

So as moving as this book is it just one of many many book popular atm on hardship during chiildhood.

I can still remember my teacher throwing any projectile object he could lay his hands on if a child was playing up or sleeping in the class, usually the blackboard wiper and if you got a nasty bruise it would teach you to behave next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit