Why do all intelligent Christians disobey Jesus?

by StoneWall 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

So you believe 1 John 2:1 teaches every person in the whole word will be saved?

I believe that, along with all the others scriptures that I've shown you (that you seem unwilling to respond to), teaches that the whole world CAN be saved.

Which is what others and I have been saying all along.

You should look at the site I posted.

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

tec

Just to be clear you believe every human throughout history will be saved?

Are you a universalist, you believe in Universal Salvation ?

You should look at the site I posted.

What makes you think I haven't? There are better sites than that one, that defend your side of the issues.

I prefer to think for myself, but, thank you.

There are some very good ones that defend my side as well.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PSac and tec

I recall someone once mentioning to me that Paul's "elected" was directed towrds the remenant of Israel.

That brings up a very good point. Are you more righteous than God? tec, you said: "I love everybody" Do you love Esau?

Rom 9:10

And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER." 13 Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."

• tec
    tec

Did you not read my post?

I believe that every person CAN come to Christ.

Whether they do or do not is not up to me.

And I am not a universalist. (I'm not sure that everyone seems to want to come to Christ) - But at least universalists are acting out of love for all mankind, without any judgment toward anyone.

I respect them for that. I also hope they're right.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Did you have thoughts about the James quote that you care to share - about 'the living God is the savior of all men, especially those who believe?' Or the others that speak of all men, as well or in addition to believers?

Or... what do you think 'all' means in this context?

I prefer to think for myself, but, thank you.

I went looking for the site in hopes that someone out there could explain what I was trying to say, better than me. We should be able to consider other's words as well as our own thoughts, especially if they are happy to share them - without that meaning we're not able to think for ourselves. Its one of the ways we grow.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

tec, you said: "I love everybody" Do you love Esau?

Well, I don't know Esau, but if he were here, then yes I would.

I don't remember Jesus saying, anywhere, that we should hate anyone. He seemed pretty clear on love God, love neighbor, and love your enemies. Since Jesus told us exactly as His Father wanted, and showed us exactly as his Father is, then I'm going to follow what Jesus said to the absolute best of my abilities.

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Tammy

And I am not a universalist. (I'm not sure that everyone seems to want to come to Christ)

Sorry, I just wanted to be clear.

Well if Jesus Died for ALL the sins of the entire world. By what charge does God condemn, if all the sins of all time are forgiven?

But at least universalists are acting out of love for all mankind, without any judgment toward anyone.

You are right. Without any judgment toward anyone except God.

I don't remember Jesus saying, anywhere, that we should hate anyone.

And I'm not saying YOU should, but God is free to love and hate whom he pleases.

When you say you love everybody. You don't love them all the same, do you? How many people would you die for? Would you die for everyone you know?

• tec
    tec

Without any judgment toward anyone except God.

How so?

And could you answer my question about the James scripture and those like it? I'll answer yours about love after I get back from taking my boys to fencing.

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

tec

The key to understanding "ALL" in the 1John 2:1 passage is found here.

1Jn 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:

If we are "In Him" ALL our sins are forgiven. ALL the sins of ALL those IN HIM.

• not a captive
    not a captive

For what its worth, Mark 10:21-26 says Jesus loved a young man who rejected a direct invitation to follow Jesus. The account recognized that the young man rejected the opportunity to be "saved".

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

n a c

That's a great example of different kinds of love. However the jury is still out on that one. Some say he gets saved later on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit