Why do all intelligent Christians disobey Jesus?

by StoneWall 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

Brat.

• superpunk
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

tec, nac, PSac

So however God views emotion is not my place (or ability) to say. But I for one cannot think that God loves me more than someone else. In fact, if I am having a debate/argument with someone, I often stop and say to myself: 'God cares about this person's salvation every bit as much as He cares about mine.' . It keeps me humble.

In Mark 10:17-26 What's the difference between you and the rich young ruler? I think this passage is exactly what this whole thread is about.

• not a captive
    not a captive

DD,

That is where I find myself. The equation of God's love is so vast that I believe it reaches beyond my powers to understand. Thanks for putting a marker down on that thought. Maeve

• tec
    tec

The rich man did not follow because he loved his life more than he loved God.

But I think the following is also what this whole thread is about:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness instead of the light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, andwill not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why would a super-intelligent God seem unable to communicate his will without confusing millions of devout followers?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why would a super-intelligent God seem unable to communicate his will without confusing millions of devout followers?

That is an excellent question and, unfortunatly, it can only be asnwered with opinion and speculation, but:

I know that my kids value my opinion, that value it greatly, but not just because it is the right opinion since, at times, they really don't understand the WHOLE picture, but because I am their father, they love me and knwo I love them 100% and I am older and "wiser", soemtimes, LOL !

So when I tell them something I try my best to tell them the WHY's behind and not just because "daddy said so: and at the same time I want them to do it or agree because they think it is right, not because "it's Daddy saying it", know what I mean?

I think that IF God is a loving and caring "parent" he wants us ALL to come to him of our OWN accord, based on our OWN experiences, that makes the coming to God "real" and "legit", as poosed to doing it because "God said So".

Think of it this way, IF the OMNIPOTENT GOD came to you (plural) and said "THIS IS IT.", WOuld you have much choice in the matter?

Perhaps some still would but I think that MANY would just say, "OK, it's God" and I don't think that is what God wants.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Answering the question without reading any of the posts:

Because intelligent people know that one black eye or broken cheek bone is better than two. They also know that it takes the people of the land to defend it. Sitting by doing nothing only gets your land taken from you and your family killed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit