Why do all intelligent Christians disobey Jesus?

by StoneWall 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• superpunk
    superpunk

I do enjoy seeing Atheists and fundamentalists working in union

Intellectual dishonesty is easy to spot - regardless of theological disposition.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I learned a long time ago that when two opposing extreme view points think that you are wrong, you are on the right track, LOL !

• tec
    tec

Leaving - I watched the first clip of your video. Funny thing is, I believe the things he said there. Paul was warning about dangers inside and outside the church. The debate is what were those things. People will put in there whatever is NOT what they are personally believing. I know the article you posted aren't your views, but I thought I'd respond to it anyway, if that's cool.

These aren’t in any meaningful way Christians, as atheist Christopher Hitchens says I would say that if you don’t believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ and Messiah, and that he rose again from the dead and by his sacrifice our sins are forgiven, you’re really not in any meaningful sense a Christian. 8

I believe those things. I'm quite certain that PSac believes those things as well. Guess that does make us meaningful Christians, after all. Even if we're not fundie Christians.

Once you start accepting liberal theology like Isaiah didn’t write the book bearing his name 9 , replacement theology (where the church replaces the Jews and Israel in God’s plan), Daniel was really written later 10 or other liberal theology garbage, it’s at that point you’ve denied God and become an atheist, not later.

Hmm. I thought it laid out what meaningful Christians were in the above paragraph? For the record, I don't accept the above, but my faith is not dependent upon any of it either.

The progression from orthodox Christianity, to liberalism, finally arriving at atheism can be subtle, as the change to atheist actually comes in the first step after rejecting the foundational tenets of Christianity, not the last small step to atheist.

Sounds like a fear tactic to me:) If you leave us, you might feel good for a while. But soon you'll be an atheist.

In a warning, the atheist notes his techniques don’t work on the traditional Christian, those who reject liberal theology and stand firm on the Word of God. But if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything — including the cult of liberal theology.

But I do stand for something. I stand for faith and love in Christ, and that is what guides me.

This article sounds more like an attack on atheists, mind you, for luring us weak Christians from our faith.

Tammy

Tammy

• superpunk
    superpunk

If everyone is telling you that you're drunk, you must be sober.

Airtight logic.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

Thank you for your answer to -

How can I be certain?

It was an honest and straight forward reply. I admire the way you tirelessly come back and try to explain yourself to both believers and non-believers.

It benefits me to talk with you and I empathise with you in your desire to see the world in a loving light.

We are not that far apart just on different paths.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    This article sounds more like an attack on atheists, mind you, for luring us weak Christians from our faith.

The author probably doesn't love either of us. Thank you for your feedback to that Fundamentalist point of view.

• tec
    tec

I do enjoy seeing Atheists and fundamentalists working in union :)

I was giggling over the same thing earlier. If the atheists are attacking my faith, and the fundies are attacking my faith, then by all that persecution, I must be doing something right :)

(I'm just teasing everyone. People get persecuted when they do something wrong, too. So it can't be the sign that you're doing something right.)

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It benefits me to talk with you and I empathise with you in your desire to see the world in a loving light.

Ditto.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It was an honest and straight forward reply. I admire the way you tirelessly come back and try to explain yourself to both believers and non-believers.
    We are not that far apart just on different paths.

I have always said that I do NOT take the bible literally, that I Interpret the bible based on my research and experiences, based on MY preconceived view that God is love and I make it clear that I am sgaring MY VIEWS and never do I say I am right.

And Yet I get accused of being intellectually dishonest when I interpret the bible according to the very way.

I do hope that you atheists are right though, because if I am wrong and the fundamentakists are right, we are in big trouble, LOL !

If everyone is telling you that you're drunk, you must be sober.
    Airtight logic.

You didn't really read what I wrote, did you?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    (I'm just teasing everyone. People get persecuted when they do something wrong, too. So it can't be the sign that you're doing something right.)

I am glad that someone appreciated the joke, lol !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit