Why do all intelligent Christians disobey Jesus?

by StoneWall 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Did you ever stop to think that satisfaction with God is really true worship?

A friend of mine said something like this to anther friend of mine who is an athiest and his reply was quite interesting:

Why would I be satisfied with a God that predetermines if someone will end up in everlasting torment, never even to have the chance to Know God, for no other reason than Gods own personal whim?

This was a few years ago and it amazes me that today you mention almost the samething.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I assume satisfaction with god(s) based on something Marcus Aurelius said.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Superpunk

In this case are you not also causing your child's torturous death? (wherein you are God, of course)

That's why I don't believe all humans are "God's Children". Even though I'm told to treat them as such since I don't know who is who.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Right some of them are Satan's Soldiers.

Iiiiiii...wanna rock and roll all niiiiiiiight.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PSac

Why would I be satisfied with a God that predetermines if someone will end up in everlasting torment, never even to have the chance to Know God, for no other reason than Gods own personal whim?

So it's not enough that God loves you, you feel you should force God to love those he choses not. Sounds like you want to take that freedom from God. Do you love everyone?

• tec
    tec

Do you love everyone?

Yes, I do. Isn't that what Jesus told us to do?

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So it's not enough that God loves you, you feel you should force God to love those he choses not.

That pretty much sums it up, for me. This God is a monster. He wouldn't want to be around me and I don't want to be around Him. The beauty of this entire issue, is that we'll both get what we want, whether or not he exists. It's a win-win.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    So it's not enough that God loves you, you feel you should force God to love those he choses not. Sounds like you want to take that freedom from God. Do you love everyone?

A very valid question, is it not enough that God loves me?

Is it not enough that God loves me, but has predetermined that my daughter NEVER know that love, NEVER have a chance to know that love and will die and be tormented because of that?

No DD, I am sorry, God loving ME is not enough in that regard, no.

This type of view ( amongst other things)is what had kept me from God for so long and I thank Jesus that he decided to show me that it wasn't God's way.

• tec
    tec

Missed this one:

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

I found a site that is dealing with predestination vs. free will, using both scripture and rational thinking. Rational thinking for a Christian, that is. (That was for all the atheists who think that's an oxymoron )

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TCcr6Ef1Nq4J:www.biblelife.org/election.htm+scriptures+that+support+that+God+calls+to+all+of+us&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit