Fell off the wagon today

by 5thGeneration 77 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Were you once one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression/what-are-the-different-forms-of-depression.shtml

Major depressive disorder , also called major depression, is characterized by a combination of symptoms that interfere with a person's ability to work, sleep, study, eat, and enjoy once–pleasurable activities. Major depression is disabling and prevents a person from functioning normally. An episode of major depression may occur only once in a person's lifetime, but more often, it recurs throughout a person's life.

I wouldn't have been restored to a revitalized and mentally healthy state without the truth.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

(((5thGen)))

~Sue

• beksbks
    beksbks

I wouldn't have been restored to a revitalized and mentally healthy state without the truth.

What truth, I'm sorry, your post is unclear.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

alice, please clarify: what "truth"?

and show proof that "truth" stands the test of time without changing to new "truth".

and as a result becomes non-sense troof

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Can we leave the challenge to the JW thing alone, and let this thread be about 5thGen? He’s posted this thread for help, and it’s no help to him to be arguing with JWs.

5thGen, don’t let this slipup get to you. Resolve to take each day as it comes – and in no time it will be another year since you posted this thread.

Hang in there, you’re among friends.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

First of all, don't quit quitting. You are an addict, and I know you realize this.

Don't give into discouragement. That will sap your strength.

Ultimately, it is up to you to figure out what happened, so be honest, yet gentle with yourself.

Wishing you the best. :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Also, don't feed the trolls.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Hey 5th,

I come from a family with many who struggle with addiction.

Like so many have said before, you are to be commended to go one year completely sober - that is an AWESOME accomplishment.

You had a little slip, you know it, and its time to immediately put it behind you and start again.

Like ATJ said above, show yourself some compassion and look at the 364 days prior to this - you did it, and more importantly you can do it again.

This is going to be a life-long fight - you might lose a battle or two along the way but you can certainly win the war.

Best Wishes to you and hang in there!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

1 year without drinking, you should be proud. If you fall off the horse, you have to get back on.

Once in another life I went to AA for 7 years back in the 80's and 90's.

It took me two years to quit and then I went for 5 years without drinking.

AA works if you work it.

I dont recall if you are an atheist, if you are AA probably wont work for you.

The 5 years, I went without drinking were the best 5 years of my life.

My life got so good that, I stopped following there program and went back out.

I learned a lot in my 7 years at AA that I have survived about 20 years without it.

What they teach you at AA is how to live in the real world, something that I never learned as a born in

JW.

The reason you want to quit drinking and quit thinking like an alcoholic is because alcoholism leads to suiccide.

AA is a Suicide prevention program.

If you are an atheist, I know you were once a deist/ theist, you could go back, it would be worth it.

If you are an atheist you became an atheist because you made things complicated you over thought things

and you thought God away, now with no God you are a scarred little weeny. NO God No Peace. Know God KNow PEace.

AA will teach you how to get God back and how to keep things simple.

If you just quit drinking and dont follow a program like AA or dont get some kind of good therapy

you are what they call a dry drunk, you wont get a dui but you will be miserable.

• chickpea
    chickpea

like anything else, you have to get used to sobriety...
    keep practicing it til it become second nature

look, if you were climbing the stairs to the top
    of the statue of liberty, planning on conquering
    the 354 steps to the crown, and at step # 142
    you stumbled and barked your shin, i doubt
    you would think you had to go back down and
    start over in order to reach your goal....

i cant even make up a number to tell you
    how many false starts i had before i "got it"

you stumbled.... it sucks.... but it isn
    the end of the mission....figure it out
    and keep moving toward the goal

seriously, dont think you can substitute
    one substance for another... you do this,
    sobriety, by being sober

slog on, mate...

chickpea of the 20 years sober (and counting) class

Share this

Google+