Fell off the wagon today

by 5thGeneration 77 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hang in there 5thGeneration. I have no experience of this situation, but I imagine it is not easy.

You said life has been good the past year - focus on that, and resolve not to give it up.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It is a constant struggle to find a positive thing that you enjoy more than drinking. The "Troof " drug is hghly toxic, and it never leaves you. (Like cigarettes)

It must be something in the air but I went on a three day binge this week. (Long weekend) Why do we put ourselves through the misery of a come-down? Is it some kind of atonement for "whatever"?

You are still the good worthwhile human being you were before you opened the Voddie. You made a mistake. Chalk it up to experience. You dont have to drink tomorrow.

OXO

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

5th Generation..

No worry`s,it`s all good..

Keep a positive attitude and things will go well for you..

Good Luck!!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks Outlaw.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

So, now you're back on the wagon, putting together another, longer string of sober days. Don't beat yourself up over your first lapse. Just get up and do again what you've already been able to do for a solid year. You can do it!

• little witch
    little witch

Hey 5th

Dont be so hard on yourself. Go to a room, or whatever you do for your support and get back to what you do.

Aint no big thang...

Addiction comes with relapses. Just happens. How long and how far it goes is up to us. Carry On.

LW

• little witch
    little witch

Tried to edit, failed.

Fivey, I have had the good fortune to "know" both Outlaw and Mini for quite some time, it is not in their hearts to cause you pain. It is more empathy, compassion, mixed with a wicked sense of humor. I wish you comfort.

LW

• Balsam
    Balsam

Don't give up the battle, know it isn't easy but tomorrow is a new day be determined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit