Fell off the wagon today

by 5thGeneration 77 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thx JD.

• JeffT
    JeffT

5th Gen, sorry to hear about that, but on the other hand it happens.

What Bizzy said is spot on. I haven't had a drink since August 2005, I am very aware that if I take it up at all I'm going to be back on the ride down. The best thing you can do is pick yourself up and get back with the program. Best wishes and feel free to PM me anytime.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks a lot JeffT.

Pm me.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

When a marathon runner falls down he doesn't go back to the beginning and start over does he? No he gets up and starts running again. You should be no different. This is how God made you and the cross he gave you the bear. I was never able to walk away from much much harder things than booze till I realized that.

Do not direct the anger towards yourself. Get down on your knees and direct it towards God if anyone. He won't be offended and will appreciate you confiding and leaning on him. I know this to be a fact.

Hang in there.

-Cage

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

5th Generation..

My posts are`nt to make fun of you..

My posts are to make you,not be so dam hard on yourself..

Maybe make you laugh a little..

1 year of no drinking is pretty dam good..You seem to be proud of yourself for it..

Don`t let one day of drinking discourage you..Or..Discount the year of effort,you put into not drinking..

Don`t make a slip up,an excuse to drink more..Learn from it..

You Drank..You don`t like it..Carry on the path you chose for yourself..

Good Luck and Congratulations on your 1 year Achievement..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Weeping
    Weeping

Remember, it's will you are doing well that you will face your greatest temptation. This is Satan trying to do everything to get you to fail. Read God's word. Turn off the television and pray whenever you feel tempted. Take up gardening or woodworking.

I had a huge problem with overeating (ice cream was my downfall). I would gorge and really beat myself over it. It also made me feel sick because I am lactose intolerent. I've gone over 2 years without dairy now. When I feel tempted I imagine if Satan himself were offering me the ice cream. Would I accept it from him? No.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Could it be...maybe..... SATAN!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

My friend OUTLAW is always ready to provide much-needed comedy relief! Hisperspective helps us to not take ourselves too seriously.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think you are amazing for going a year without drinking. You have proven you can do it and know you can do it again, so don't feel too bad about what happened.

You will need to try to work through why you are feeling down though, and try to get yourself thinking positively again so you do not slip back into old ways. Keep your mind on how much better you felt about yourself when you were not drinking over the last year.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Alcoholism is a problem in my family. But its does seem to be true what BB said --it's part of the process. My dad fell of and we all thought that he would go back since he had been drinkin like since he was a kid almost. But he didn't. It was a holiday drink that did him in . But he got back up and he has been dry for 27 years

One of my sons has been dry for over a year but he went back and forth for a few months before he just stuck to it.

Like you sound so down on yourself. Don't be. Like someone said , You've been dry for a year. That is great!Just keep going, life will feel better. Don't hate yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit