Fell off the wagon today

by 5thGeneration 77 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

One year sober. Got bombed today. Really upset at myself.

• John Doe
    John Doe

How did you start?

• tec
    tec

I'm so sorry, 5th.

Everyone screws up. Everyone makes mistakes.

Don't dwell on regret or self-anger - those will hurt you and others.

Just take a breath, strengthen your resolve, and start again.

It's all you can do.

I'll pray for you.

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please hang in there.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Just was stupid and bought some vodka.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Did you buy it intending to get drunk, or were you going to have "just one?" I'm just trying to get a basis of what happened--analyzing it will help you avoid the same circumstance in the future. Self pity is a self feeding, destructive emotion. Determine what you can change, then move onward and upward. Congratulate yourself for being sober a year. I'm sure that took effort, and you've probably learned some things that helped.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I just kind of had enough of life. Can't explain it. I have been so happy the past year.

Weird, just walked into the grocery store like a zombie and bought booze.

• avishai
    avishai

If you feel like it's gonna continue, this worked wonders for me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Method. It's 80-90% effective, compared to 5-15 for other methods. Regardless, congrats on one year, and don't beat yourself up. This method I was able to use w/ out shame, withdrawl, hassle, judgement, or having to sit w/ a bunch of people talking about god. ((( 5thgen)))

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Its just one day out of 365. Its more than alright to feel bad for failing but it would be more wrong to not remember every day that you succeded. Toss what is left, if any, and start a new day. You don't loose everything you've gained from a slip. You have to fight every day, and sometimes a sucker punch will lay you out. You dead yet? no? Then get up and fight some more.

Sorry to presume to be preachy. I hope you don't let it beat ya.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thx guys! (and girl)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit