Fell off the wagon today

by 5thGeneration 77 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If I never Drank for a Year.....I`d have a Beer to Celebrate!!..

................. ...OUTLAW

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

That's just mean Outlaw. Just plain mean!

• yknot
    yknot
    "I just kind of had enough of life".........

So you wanted 'comfort' and to temporarily 'escape' the situation.....

These feelings are normal, the question becomes which avenues can you satisfy these needs in a manner that you can feel good about the next day.

Maybe examine why you felt the need to go to the extreme and 'get drunk' versus a drink or two to take off the edge, mellow out and allow you to be distracted by another form of entertainment that causes your mind to stop chasing it's tale over matters beyond immediate remedy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..

Don`t take it so seriously..

Drinking once in a year is no big deal..

Your pointlessly beating yourself up..Enjoy your accomplishment..

You can always Not Drink for another year..

Unless there are Laws where you live,that prohibit that..

................. ...OUTLAW

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

So you got drunk. No-one died. If you went for a year without a drink now you can start again and stay sober for another year. Always another chance...

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

You should use cannabis instead of drinking. It's a lot safer. You can't overdose from cannabis, it's not addictive, and there are no hangovers! Plus it makes you happy as oppose to alcohol which makes you sad.

Blue Grass

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Can you hook me up?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Actually, it is a big deal. Because it becomes easy to think of putting off going back to sobriety. People usually stop drinking because they hit a bottom. But one drunk does not necessarily constitute a bottom. So one can embark upon an extended period of drinking. A second recovery can be damned hard, maybe even harder than the first. The notion of "you did it once, you can do it again" discounts how hard it is to do it at all.

First year anniversary is a typically dangerous time.

But it helps if you think of it this way: RELAPSE IS PART OF RECOVERY.

Just don't make a habit of it.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Actually, it is a big deal

Thanks BB.

I usually like Outlaws sillyness but now kind of think he's a dickhead. Making fun of my problem is really lame.

Posting about stuff he knows nothing about is pretty stupid.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    LOL!!..
    Don`t take it so seriously..

Outlaw, alcholism is nothing to joke about, especially for someone struggling with it. Have a heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit